Rainshadow REVcB76M-SB

Trying to find a crankbait rod for a friend. Doesn't want to spend a ton of money on the blank but would rather put it in components. Any opinions? Has anyone built on a REVCB76M-SB blank?
    Last edited by 21XD300XS; 05-16-2021 at 04:25 PM.

2. Member
    I recently built up two Rainshadow Immortal IMMP70M-TC rods, which are popping blanks, typically used for crankbait applications. They are mod-fast action which is what Loomis crankbait actions are, and feel there are similar. They also have a 7'-6" version.

The big difference is the sensitivity gain from the Revelation blanks to the Immortal Blanks for very little additional money (relatively speaking). I built a jerkbait rod on the revelation blank and it didn't impress me near as much as the Immortal. I say save money on the guide train and build on the Immortal blank.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

3. Member
    I would also look into the RodGeeks s-glass blanks... they are fantastic for the money. I think they are actually a composite blank, but the MH 7-9 trimmed down to 7-6 would serve well across a lot of lure weights.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

4. Member
    The Rodgeeks S glass is the same blanks used in the St. Croix SC1 s glass rods.

For the money you won't beat the rod geeks s glass 7 mhm for all around crankbait use

6. Member
    Thanks to everyone's input. I have built on the Immortal blanks and is a personal favorite. I ordered the Rod Geeks S-Glass yesterday. I have held the SC1 before and was impressed. My buddy says let's go! Thanks to everyone again! Fantastic forum!