Thread: Basin?

Basin?

I’m seeing 5ish feet and holding at MC.... any predictions on it getting down another foot? I’m itching to make a trip... 5 is a good bit too high for my areas I like to fish.. yeah, fish can be found but it’s way better once the water starts getting back in the banks..

2. Member
    4 ft at Morgan City is usually the ticket. But, we will more than likely have a June rise. Then, usually by the end of June-early July it gets good again.

3. Member
    Yeah I usually wait on 4 feet and falling.... last year it dropped so fast it sucked all the bad water out the woods and sent the fish running to the inter coastal or the river..

4. Member
    It’s actually on a rise right now it appears..

I’m all messed up right now.. the marsh here around the house is all blown out super high with all these east winds.... all this rain will have the north shore rivers blown out.. the basin is the only other place I know..

oh well, I’m fixing to go work a 35 day turnaround so maybe after that things will be better..

5. Member
    Just under 5 and falling yesterday.. I went and launched at doirons, ran about 38 miles round trip… not a bite, nothing…. Clear water all over…. Or straight mud!! No bites in the mix…. Not looking good.. intercostal was mud as usual, flat lake was red like straight river water, hard south wind… grosbeak,,I could see bottom in 6 feet of water!! American pass, same red water…

positive note.. first time really running my new lil 4stroke 25hp long distances… 38 miles running on 2.8 gallons of gas!! My old 30 stroke ran my 6 gallon tank dry on that trip.. I always had to carry 3 gallons extra gas.

6. Member
    Maybe take a look at the belle river/verrett area....
    2007 Ranger Z19 - 225 Pro XS

7. Member
    Oh I’m back at home.. that’s almost a 3hr trek over there for me… I’ll wait a few weeks and let the water get down a little lower and settle down..

I can fish around here just fine.. basin is just my heart because I grew up fishing it… I was pretty disappointed seeing all that clear black water everywhere tho… that stuff is void of fish in my brain.. unless something has changed…

and for some reason, I’ve never in all my years really liked fishing the verret side and I’m definitely not gonna drive 3 hours to fish on that side… but thank you..

8. Member
    Yeah my 2019 25 hp EFI mercury burns next to nothing.
    I ran around 40 miles and burnt 2.8 or 2.9 gallons.
    They sip gas.

Waiting for hitch & light kit on my new Nissan Frontier to come in next week to tow my boat to Bayou Sorrel.

On mine put bobs machine shop hydrofoil and went to 10P prop.
    Handles a lot better.
    Last edited by jlsch1; 06-13-2021 at 10:20 AM.

9. Member
    My holeshot kind of sucks but I refuse to put 1 of them whaletail things… Me by myself with a load, if I lower my jack down it’ll get a good bite and get on up but my top end is jacked half up so it usually just stays there and I just deal with the slow hole shot.. add another person and it’s painfully slow but that’s just the NO torque of a 4 stroke.. I’m by myself 99% of my fishing.. now the ole lady dumped me last week and I’m single again I guess I’ll be fishing by myself 100% of the time.. my boat fishes awesome with just 1 person anyway..

10. Member
    By myself fine.
    Other people hole shot bad.
    2 people use 10p and 11p prop by myself.
    Bob’s is a smaller hydrofoil don’t look bad and boat a lot better.
    Got it in Mercury black.

11. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Member
    Mine isn’t anything fancy… old boat but I love it.. rides good, fishes good…. With the hydro jack, I can jack it all the way up and hop on plane in less than a foot of water… I can run jacked all the way up but it cavitates…it’ll get me across shallow stuff tho.. my top speed is jacked about half up.. I jack down in rough water.. about 5mph difference from down to half up..
    I just redid my front deck since that pic was taken so it’s a little different now.. extended out 2 feet with storage hatches.. it’s not finished yet but I needed to be fishing..

13. Member
    Was thinking about hydro jackplate.
    Then the paint chipped and Tracker repainted it.
    Could void warranty.
    Stated with hydrofoil.

This little boat shines in shallow ponds.

hydro Jackplate will have to wait.

My father had a stroke and cannot drive.
    Bought my dads 2018 Nissan Frontier less than 20,000 miles.
    Paid $16k. Got watch the cash.

Had new bathrooms done and all the bedrooms done in December which was
    $50k in cash.

Truck ok not a Ford F-150 gets the job done and paid for.

What hydrofoil looks like on my Tracker 1448 Grizzly.

My Bathroom.
    Small house 1400 sq ft paid off so I don’t see us moving.
    Never flooded and paid for.

Her bathroom.

Last edited by jlsch1; 06-14-2021 at 11:48 AM.