Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Glad you had a good trip. I am leaving at 3am in the morning so I can get there in time for a few hours of daylight fishing tomorrow. Looks like it’s going to be overcast every day next week which is not ideal in general, but can’t wait to get back on Champlain!

2. Member
    Good luck.. at least the lm are biting too.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

3. Member
    Jinxbass, sounds like you had a great trip. I lived on champlain my whole life until I moved here a few years ago. Man, I miss fishing it.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mpoissant12 View Post
    Jinxbass, sounds like you had a great trip. I lived on champlain my whole life until I moved here a few years ago. Man, I miss fishing it.
    Welcome to the VA but the fishing is better up there for sure. I had a blast and will be going again next year. What a fishery!!!!
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

5. Member
    I may have to consider a small cabin up there for retirement. I could get used to a few months late spring and summer up there.
    winds were brutal last week and then finished up with a cold front. Still caught plenty of fish but did not have 75 to 100 fish days like some in the past. I can not imagine being able to pick your days and time to fish up there . Already reserved a place for next year

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassdge View Post
    I may have to consider a small cabin up there for retirement. I could get used to a few months late spring and summer up there.
    winds were brutal last week and then finished up with a cold front. Still caught plenty of fish but did not have 75 to 100 fish days like some in the past. I can not imagine being able to pick your days and time to fish up there . Already reserved a place for next year
    I agree. I have a place on gaston so if I had a place on Champlain I would be set!!! I just need to hit the lottery first
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

7. Member
    I could be happy with a tiny cabin...800 to 1000 sq ft.

there is a guy that rents one of the cottages at Marine Village Cottages for a couple of months every year. Probably cheaper in the long run given maintenance due to harsh winters

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassdge View Post
    I could be happy with a tiny cabin...800 to 1000 sq ft.

there is a guy that rents one of the cottages at Marine Village Cottages for a couple of months every year. Probably cheaper in the long run given maintenance due to harsh winters
    Yea I bet that is true.

How is your fishing going down here? Mine has been slow. Where do you mainly fish down here?
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

9. Member
    Anna only in the spring, the James, Potomac, Appomattox, Rappahannock. James has been great the past few years. Been a long time since I fished the Chick.

10. Member
    Cool deal. I can't catch a fish at Anna. I spend most of my time on the pamunkey and mattaponi.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

11. Member
    I may have to try and make a trip up that way. Never fished anything north of VA.
    Semper Fi

Fished the poni the other day and had a blast…glad you had a good trip up north!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dot View Post
    Fished the poni the other day and had a blast…glad you had a good trip up north!
    Cool deal. I have not been in a couple weeks.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12