I recently learned about the Iowa Youth Fishing League through an acquaintance. They have a great story and are fully dedicated to youth fishing, especially bass fishing. if you are not familiar with this organization, check them out. I met Justin and Emily Lewis, who are the founders, and they are great people. I know most of you have an abundance of fishing items that are idle and collecting dust. I donated many rods, some reels, new and used lures, and gear, which they graciously accepted and were extremely appreciative. If you have tackle, gear, money or time to donate, then please contact them through their website. In a very short amount of time, they have gotten youth from all over Iowa competing in their tournament trail and even have kids reaching out from other states. Historically, Iowa has been behind the curve in high school and youth fishing programs and the Lewis family is working very hard to grow the sport. I cannot say enough about these folks and their dedication. Again, if you can lend a hand or support this organization, please do. Thank You.

https://iyfl.org/our-mission