Thread: 21SDC vs 21XD

21SDC vs 21XD

After watching the Ken Smith video I noticed he was measuring the width of the front deck right at the seat post. He listed the SDC to be 52" wide. I have taken measurements in the past of my 21XD and thought that seemed a little different than what I measured. I just measured my front deck with the tape touching the seat post and it was right at 56", maybe a little over. That is from inside the cap to inside the cap. Even from the edge of carpet to carpet is 54". Is there a difference in the 2 front decks. Is the 21xd made different than the SDC? could mine have been mounted farther back so its a wider measurement?
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

2. Member
    When I ordered my SDC Tom asked me where I wanted my front pedestal seat hole to be placed. Could be some type of custom placement of the pedestal. Just a thought.

3. Member
    That is what the difference is. My seat pole is farther back than I would put it if I were having a boat built. I don't use the seat but the seat pole dictated where I put my trolling motor pan and I would have preferred it to be just a little closer to the nose.

4. Member
    they will put the pedestal hole where you want it, did the same for me on my 2016 21RDC

5. Member
    This is what I figured. I think mine is the normal to Bullet placement. Just looks a little odd in Ken’s measurements on the front deck width at 52. Of course I do not have a t/m foot pedal tray. Which for me I like not having one. I can move the foot peddle farther back where it is wider and 2 guys still fish side by side going down a bank throwing in front of the boat. I also can say hey you run this thing a while and scoot it over to my partners side.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!