Thread: Kicker tank

Kicker tank

Meaning my boat is a 13 model which i purchased in 14 and has never had fuel in the kicker tank I'm most likely going to remove this tank to make room for a house battery(lithium). My questions are as far as gas line and sending unit wire first. Can i just use a plug for the gas line or at the valve? Can i just unplug and zip tie the sending unit wires out of the way or will this cause some type of open circut at the a10 panel. Next quest pertains to battery arrangement on the port side. My cranking battery is on this side. Meaning the battery im looking at is the size of a 31 series as this way if lithium
    dont work out i can go with a big agm. Is side by side better or end to end better. Pretty sure my wiring will allow either. I will purchase my tray from BCB. Has anyone does this project? Tank looks like it should come out fairly easy
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

2. Member
    88 views no response?
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

I have no answer for you, but if you're ever going to sell I'd try to figure another way. I'm sure you could put a small house lithium in one of your boxes, you wouldn't need a full size grp 31 battery. I have a friend that went to a 4 battery setup in a PII, running 3 50AH lithiums and one Grp 31 Batteries Plus X2, and got them all mounted in the original area

There should be room without removing the tank.

5. Member
    I knew a second battery would technically fit. But tightly. I was just trying to open things up a bit. The p2 is a bit tight though a little more open than some. According to the math figures i need at least 120ah to last a full 10 hr day without supplemental charge. As i stated im just tossing the ideal around and knew removing the tank was a option for me
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

6. Member
    Can the kicker be used as the main tank? I doubt I use more than 2 gallons a trip.

On my 2010 PII, I put a small refrigerator shelf across the opening for the bilge pumps and placed the oil tank on it. I bungied the tank to the shelf. It opened up a spot for another battery. I was abled to put 3 gro 31 AGMs with the oil in there.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

8. Member
    Yes ive seen this done. Though meaning i dont use the tank i was just so to speak "equal the weight"
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor