Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    So are you guys calling Nitro directly to get info on your build time? Also, are you getting emails from your dealers as to the status? I placed my order with BPS but I don’t have a lot of confidence that there will be a whole lot of communication…

2. Member
    I never get a call from my BPS salesman. He is a good guy and will answer my questions and provide me info but very general - "its in build" and I always call him. Nitro website has the CS number and just press the key for general support. They are available M-F and I think its 8am to 5pm CT. Barbara is who picked up for me. She checks in with the shop foreman and passes along more detail. She had to call me back but only a couple of hours after my initial call. Waiting not having any info is the worse but I guess you still have to wait no mater how much detail do is provided. I guess they keep it simple to keep from going down a rat hole of back and forth "why & when". Good luck with your delviery.

3. Member
    Thanks DayL. I called Nitro CS today and was surprised to hear that my build was scheduled to be complete on 8/20. BPS placed the order on 7/9 so if there are no delays that puts it at 6 weeks plus transit. So hopefully I’ll have a boat by the end of August. Keeping my fingers crossed!

4. Member
    My boat arrived at the BPS this week. Awaiting rigging, MSO, tags and registration. If lucky I may be able to pick it up in the next week or so. I provided some detail and timeline along with some pics for mine on the following thread:

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1140128

I can't wait to get it out on the water it is everything I expected and more. It is also the very first 2022 Z21 XL Pro to come into the Ashland VA BPS so sales and service folks there were really excited about it too.

5. Member
    Great looking boat DavL. I spoke with Nitro CS last week and they have pushed mine back a bit. It should be going to rigging in the factory on 8/30. So now maybe a late September delivery…

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHOGGG View Post
    Great looking boat DavL. I spoke with Nitro CS last week and they have pushed mine back a bit. It should be going to rigging in the factory on 8/30. So now maybe a late September delivery…
    Late September?? Should only take them a couple days to rig it?
    I better call tomorrow and see what the status of mine is. I was told 8/12 then 8/20 and most recently 8/27

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetch114 View Post
    Late September?? Should only take them a couple days to rig it?
    I better call tomorrow and see what the status of mine is. I was told 8/12 then 8/20 and most recently 8/27
    I am assuming a week for rigging, a couple weeks for shipping and then a week for BPS to install the Blades and prep the boat for delivery. If it’s ready earlier then I’ll be a happy camper.

8. Member
    I pick my boat on Friday. FINALLY! Can't wait. Only a week for BPS to get paperwork (MSO, tags & registration), install PP and get everything adjusted and cleaned up. They also installed a few small optional items I purchased including PP anchor light. I will be on the water breaking it in on Saturday morning. Short time line for mine:
    Ordered: 5/29
    Build Start: 7/6 (6 weeks)
    Received at BPS: 8/11 (6 weeks - includes 1 week factory shut down and 2 week part delay)
    Take Delivery: 8/20 (1.5 weeks)

9. Member
    Great news DavL!!! I’m extremely envious and can hardly wait for mine to arrive. It’s killing that they keep pushing my date.

10. Member
    I know what you mean. They called me Monday to schedule pick up on either Friday or Saturday. The soonest was on Friday was 3pm which I jumped on. Are you kidding me. LOL. I tried to get them to push up sooner but I guess they needed to make sure service and sales were available to review everything with me. Small wait and I rather it all be done correctly. Like a kid at Christmas. Great feeling. Good luck with yours.

11. Member
    Good luck DavL! Let us know how it goes. Obviously, we need some pics as well.

12. Member
    Got a call from BPS today informing me that my boat was built and waiting to be loaded for transport to South Florida!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHOGGG View Post
    Got a call from BPS today informing me that my boat was built and waiting to be loaded for transport to South Florida!
    We must be on the same schedule. I got the very same call on Monday. Mine will be delivered to dealership on 9/3. Hope to pick it up on the 8th. We will have to share photos of our new boats!

14. Member
    Congrats to both of you. I love my new boat. Awesome engine. Completed the first 2 hours of break-in and hope to have it at the 10 hour mark following the upcoming 4-day weekend coming up. Here is a pic after hooking it up to take it home.
    IMG_1216.jpeg

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DavL View Post
    Congrats to both of you. I love my new boat. Awesome engine. Completed the first 2 hours of break-in and hope to have it at the 10 hour mark following the upcoming 4-day weekend coming up. Here is a pic after hooking it up to take it home.
    IMG_1216.jpeg
    Good looking boat DavL! Enjoy your weekend and be safe.

16. Member
    NICEEEE!

17. Member
    Sweet boat DavL. I’ll post pics as soon as I pick mine up.

18. Member
    Grrrrr. They moved my ship date to 9/15. Wrecked my entire vacation plans.

19. Member
    My boat arrived at the dealer Friday. Pick it up this Friday. Colors area a nod to my Alma Mater.
    Football Game was rough yesterday though.

CD29B0C8-096B-4913-94E7-C5817591E100.jpeg

I L L !
    Last edited by mclean39; 09-05-2021 at 03:44 PM.

20. Member
    Awesome boat mclean39. Love the colors. I am still waiting on my cover. They gave me a Dowco z20 cover for free to hold me over until mine comes in but it does little good as its about a 1.5 foot short. I have to keep a tarp over it for now LOL. At least it's protected. You will love the boat. Advise you put a rag over the rubber stops where the transom saver meets the lower unit. Messed mine up a little bit on first trip home from BPS with a rag in place to help keep it from happening.

Jetch114 - sorry to hear about the delay. Hopefully it will be in the driveway soon for some great fall fishing.

I have 7.5 hours on my boat now. Still working on getting the electronics dialed in right. I'm new to Lowrance but must say Active Target is awesome. Some recommendations on new boat accessories:
    1. Mercury full motor cover for storage and travel. The motor collects a lot of bug strikes from home to the lake - a good motor cover is really a must.
    2. Taylor made low freeboard fenders. Mine from the 18' boat don't protect the Z21 well enough. These hopefully look like a better option.
    3. YOLOtek powerstick. Go-Pro must have if you want all day video of you fishing. I understand it will hold up to 70 mph. We shall see.
    4. TMR-1 Ghost TM remote. Allows TM control from anywhere on the boat. You may have to reset factory settings for initial pairing.
    5. 8" wide clear protection film vinyl sheet to protect gel coat from rigging hose scratches. Also used 1" and 2" vinyl tape over gel coat under all lids.
    6. YT Marine Motorsock for rigging hose. Mine was 1-piece 36" long x 10" wide easy install and works great. In combo with clear vinyl helps protect gel coat from rigging hose.
    7. If you have Power Poles the RMP PP Blade anchor light is a great add-on.
    8. Mercury Marine Vessel View Mobile is a helpful tool.
    9. If you are moving up to a longer boat and put in by yourself you will need a longer line from bow eye to trailer winch handle. I had to go with a 30' line.

Stay safe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast