Do they spray the Butler Chain?

Never been there but I've read that there are grass beds in most of the chain
    Alweld 1856 Stick Steer with 70 Yamaha
    Dual Power Pole Blades/ Helix 10 MSI
    80# Ulterra Link/2 Ionic Lithium 50s/ShuttleSlide Mount

USAF Ret

2. Member
    LOL, if it's water in Florida they spray it!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichW View Post
    Never been there but I've read that there are grass beds in most of the chain
    Actually one of the few chain of lakes they leave alone, beautiful water and beautiful grass.

4. Member
    Every other house on that lake is owned by big time lawyer. Probably the only place the fwc fears a serious legal recourse.

5. Member
    Never heard of them spraying the butler chain. I've also never seen the mats of hydrilla like toho and Harris. Me and the wife fish it last Saturday. Boated about 40 fish with only a few being over 2 lbs and one over 3.
    2016 Skeeter ZX225. 2016 Yamaha 225SHO
    99 Hells Bay Whipray. 99 Mercury 40

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by soulfisher View Post
    Every other house on that lake is owned by big time lawyer. Probably the only place the fwc fears a serious legal recourse.

Good one

7. Member
    Yes, they spray the Butler Chain.. Sprayed last summer. The lawyers that live around the lake most likely are in favor of it. They don’t fish, they hang out at Bird Island and wake board.. They aren’t fans of the grass beds...

I don't have any factual information to support this information, but I believe I was told by someone that there are certain chains in Central Florida that are not managed by FWC, and have abundant vegetation. Conway Chain, Butler Chain, and Winter Park Chain come to mind.

I could be totally wrong on this, but all of those chains definitely have an abundance of vegetation.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

9. Member
    The Orlando Environmental Office | Lake & Wetland Management provides weed/vegetation control of lakes managed by the Orange County Government. Lakes in the various City limits of Orange County manage or works with the Orange County Environment Office. Lake Conway is often sprayed by the OEOM Division. I have watched them spray shore land vegetation to help the rich home owners keep their lake fronts clear of so called bad vegetation. I watched them spray a large section of reeds and bull rushes that was a bird habit area because the home owners complained they could not see the lake from their back yards, at least that is what the guy's spraying from the airboat told me. The FWC manages state controlled water ways such as the Kiss. Chain and flood control estuaries.

10. Member
    I have personally seem the fwc spraying on the Maitland chain. Last week they were out there to shock fish.
    2016 Skeeter ZX225. 2016 Yamaha 225SHO
    99 Hells Bay Whipray. 99 Mercury 40

11. Member
    AHHHHHH just fish!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FishWhisperer. View Post
    I have personally seem the fwc spraying on the Maitland chain. Last week they were out there to shock fish.
    Honestly...FWC doesn't do the spraying - so if you saw them out there, chances are they weren't the ones spraying. Around here, Applied Aquatics is the company that is contracted by FWC to do a lot of the spraying. Not sure who would be the contractor on Maitland Chain.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles