Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ike let the pack go ahead at James River BASS Open

Was watching everyone go by Dutch Gap just down river from take off. I thought everyone had gone and I turned off the camera. 2 stragglers came around the bend. Next to last was Mike Ike. So he gave everyone a chance to get a spot. I’d imagine his boat will be a muddy mess again this year from the Chickahominy back waters. Got some take off footage. Dropped memory card off to my cousin on the way to work. Hopefully it will get uploaded soon.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Will look forward to your pictures.

P.S. Thank You for going to work today and making the Country more productive and especially for your Social Security Deductions plus the Generous Sponsorship of us who are members of Team SS

3. Member
    I think Ike stayed in the James last time he won it and never ventured no more than 15 miles and spent some time around Turkey Island.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

Trait Zaldain sitting in 3rd place

5. Member
    It's going to take 18 to 20lbs a day to win this. Most CATT & club tournaments are taking 22lbs to win on the Chick alone.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RANGER487 View Post
    Trait Zaldain sitting in 3rd place

Going to take a lot more than 10lbs, but I will give her props on the quick limit.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by booter View Post
    I think Ike stayed in the James last time he won it and never ventured no more than 15 miles and spent some time around Turkey Island.
    That would be correct. We talked to him afterwards. He joked about not using hardly and fuel and not wanting to follow the crowd all the way There (the Chick)
    Semper Fi

8. Member
    what's he running a Ranger with an Evinrude?
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

9. Member
    I am guessing he will be fishing places that if he had stopped on everyone that went by would have seen.
    Semper Fi

10. Member
    He said he was boat 223. How many boats in the opens?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by javjoe View Post
    He said he was boat 223. How many boats in the opens?
    225 boats

12. Member
    He was the 3rd to last boat, 223, total of 225 boats in the field.

Hope he doesn't fish that gray area off limit place he won on last time!
    Them local boys will whoop his @ss this time if he does fish it!

Tomorrow he will be near the first and I bet he won’t let everyone get a spot before him
    Last edited by juice780; 05-13-2021 at 09:30 AM.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    It's going to take 18 to 20lbs a day to win this. Most CATT & club tournaments are taking 22lbs to win on the Chick alone.
    But do the local tournaments have 225 boat fields pressuring the fish? Plus all the boats that have been practicing this week? It will be interesting to see the weights and how they compare to the smaller events.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Going to take a lot more than 10lbs, but I will give her props on the quick limit.
    I think it's her first!
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

16. Member
    I don’t think it’s a gray area... that pond belongs to someone and those bass in it belong to the land owner also... in my book that is called larceny when someone snatches a bass out of your private pond.. rips it over the spillway and into their boat that is larceny where I come from. That’s all I got to say about that.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    But do the local tournaments have 225 boat fields pressuring the fish? Plus all the boats that have been practicing this week? It will be interesting to see the weights and how they compare to the smaller events.
    There are 60 to 100 boat tournaments every weekend launching either out of Rt. 5 on the Chick or Richmond. This place has just as much fishing pressure as any other body of water out there. The challenging part of this body of water is that it's a tidal fishery and it all revolves around the tide for when the bite will turn on. It will be interesting to see how the weights will compare, but there are quite a few local hammers in this tournament who know this fishery well and want to keep the blue trophy local.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    There are 60 to 100 boat tournaments every weekend launching either out of Rt. 5 on the Chick or Richmond. This place has just as much fishing pressure as any other body of water out there. The challenging part of this body of water is that it's a tidal fishery and it all revolves around the tide for when the bite will turn on. It will be interesting to see how the weights will compare, but there are quite a few local hammers in this tournament who know this fishery well and want to keep the blue trophy local.
    I don't doubt that there are some excellent local sticks fishing this, I've seen the weights CATT anglers post at SML and they are impressive to say the least.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunkin View Post
    I don’t think it’s a gray area... that pond belongs to someone and those bass in it belong to the land owner also... in my book that is called larceny when someone snatches a bass out of your private pond.. rips it over the spillway and into their boat that is larceny where I come from. That’s all I got to say about that.
    I'm 100% with you on this matter!

20. Member
    winner will have 2 days of 20+ lbs and a upper 18 lb day

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast