Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Airmar TM 150 owners

So I came across an issue with my TM 150, I have 2 HDS live units networked toeghter and have a 3in1on channel 2 and my TM 150 on channel 1

So I have read a good setting for my TM 150 is using a custom setting at 105 khz, when I use this my down and side imaging locks up on both units, is this a known issue or am I missing something

2. Member
    It is known. When you have 2 sonar sources on one unit, you are locked into 83/200 kHz. You cannot use custom frequencies. Should have got a 2 in 1!

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    That's good to know and thanks for the fantastic help

4. Member
    Same boat here, running the airmar tm150 on my trolling motor. Can I go in and turn off the 3n1 transducer I assume its seeing through the network? Not 100% savy here, sorry if this is a silly question.

5. Member
    Hmm, you could disconnect your Ethernet but that wouldn't really be desirable. But, you may have a different issue. Simply having a second sonar source on your Network shouldn't effect the TM150. Only having two sonar sources on the same unit. If the 3 in 1 is connected to Channel 2, it is auto recognized and there is no way to change the designation. You could turn off Channel 2 in the Sonar Settings menu. I think you would still have access to the Side/Down scan but would lose the 2D sonar capability. It's worth a try.

NoCAL
    2B112175

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Hmm, you could disconnect your Ethernet but that wouldn't really be desirable. But, you may have a different issue. Simply having a second sonar source on your Network shouldn't effect the TM150. Only having two sonar sources on the same unit. If the 3 in 1 is connected to Channel 2, it is auto recognized and there is no way to change the designation. You could turn off Channel 2 in the Sonar Settings menu. I think you would still have access to the Side/Down scan but would lose the 2D sonar capability. It's worth a try.

NoCAL
    I had major issues networking a 3-in-1 on one unit with the TM150M on the other. A bunch of incompatible frequencies were superimposed as options for the TM150M, and only a soft reset would clear the choices listed. I now go with a 2-in-1 and TM150M.

7. Member
    It is known. When you have 2 sonar sources on one unit, you are locked into 83/200 kHz. You cannot use custom frequencies. Should have got a 2 in 1!

NoCAL
    Only true for Lives? I have 2 Sonar sources on my HDS Carbon: HDI and TM150. HDI can run 83 or 200, and TM is at 105, all is ducky.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

8. Member
    Really don't know. I'm recalling from a post months ago that seemed relevant.

NoCAL
    2B112175

9. Member

NoCAL
    So i went back to this topic and re read you reply and have a few questions

I really like how my TM 150 works with a custom setting of 105 and don't want to give this up, so your saying if i take out my 3in1 and replace it with a 2in1 one problems fixed ?

Could i just run the TM 150 to my other Live unit and this would allow me to use a custom setting ? and not lose my side and down imaging

this is all new to me and just making sure before spending more money

Thank for you time

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishing addiction View Post
    So i went back to this topic and re read you reply and have a few questions

I really like how my TM 150 works with a custom setting of 105 and don't want to give this up, so your saying if i take out my 3in1 and replace it with a 2in1 one problems fixed ?

Could i just run the TM 150 to my other Live unit and this would allow me to use a custom setting ? and not lose my side and down imaging

this is all new to me and just making sure before spending more money

Thank for you time
    The TM 150 is awesome ducer..the 105-107 is what iIrun at. Take a look at the new Airmar Tm 165 HW. A outstanding transducer. On one of my carbons have the TM 150 on channel one, black port and the TM 165 HW on the CH-2, blue. What a nice set up

11. Member
    I have active imaging 3 in 1 plus Airmar TM 150 both plugged into same Live and get custom frequency of 105 with the Airmar. I have been using it for 2 years with no issues.
    I Ethernet the sonar to one Live and one Carbon with no issues.

Doctor Sonar®
    Go Fishing, the Clock is Ticking

12. Member
    This is odd that some people have an issue and others don't. When that comes up in the forums, it's usually a case of user error. I can't test it and I can't look at all your systems to figure out what is different. For the guys having issues, try disconnecting your 3 in 1 and see if the custom frequencies come back. Y'all need to do trouble shooting in a logical manner to determine where an issue lies. If Doc Samson says it works, I tend to believe him!

NoCAL
    2B112175

13. Member
    If this will work for some people im going to do some playing around, sort of like a challenge once in a while

If I do find a fix I will share what I come up with

Thanks to everyone for you input

This is odd that some people have an issue and others don't. When that comes up in the forums, it's usually a case of user error. I can't test it and I can't look at all your systems to figure out what is different. For the guys having issues, try disconnecting your 3 in 1 and see if the custom frequencies come back. Y'all need to do trouble shooting in a logical manner to determine where an issue lies. If Doc Samson says it works, I tend to believe him!

NoCAL
    It worked just fine until update 20.1 I ran the 3in1 with an airmar tm150 at 105hz with no issues. Updated to 20.1, did a hard reset and running custom frequency locks up down and side scan.. downgraded back to 20.0.1 and it works fine. Went back to 20.1 and no go. Currently running on 20.0.1 and have yet to try 20.3.

NoCAL
    Then explain why we were able to do it until update 20.1?

16. Member
    I have an Airmar 150M plugged into Channel 2 on my console LIVE, with a shoot thru hull on Channel 1. 3D Structurescan also. Never had StructureScan lock up from using the Airmar regardless of frequency used. I have not specifically used 105 or 107 so can't speak to that frequency. I had no problems with 20.1, and now running 20.3 with no problems either.
    ciao,
    Marc

Just for the record, after updating to 20.1 - hard reset and then 20.3 - hard reset. If I select MED CHIRP on the TM150 Ch 1) downscan and side scan function normally, BUT, IF I SELECT a custom frequency on ch 1 (TM150), THEN my downscan and side scan lockup. . I reverted back to version 20.0.1 no hard reset and nothing else changed. I can now select this unit as Sonar Ch 1 (Airmar tm150) then select frequency 105 and my down and side scan keep going.

The issue is not fixed and I have repeated these steps on both my Live 9 and Live 7. For now, I will stick with 20.0.1 and be happy. this was broken with 20.1 and not fixed in 20.3, you can debate on user error all you wish.

REPEATING - on firmware 20.0.1 and prior, there is no issue with selecting custom frequency. Only on 20.1 and 20.3 do these issues exist for me on both my LIVE units.

18. Member
    Not doubting you at all. As I stated, i have not trieda custom setting yet. I hope to try this on Saturday to confirm the issue on my units. I will relay this info to Lowrance. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
    ciao,
    Marc

19. Member
    Sorry for bumping an old post but I am getting the exact same issue when running 22.1 on my carbon with a 3 in 1 / TM150. When I run the TM150 at 105, my side and down imaging are frozen on the 3 in 1. Anyone have any updates on this? Is Lowrance aware of the issue? Is the permanent fix to buy a 2 in 1 and get rid of the 3 in 1?
    2000 ChampioN 202
    225 Mercury EFI

20. Member
    No expert but last year i ended up plugging in my TM150 in another live unit and it worked, but didn't really like this setup as sometimes i don't use the other fish finder and got tired of always having to turn it on so i could use both transducers

This year over the winter i replaced the 3 in 1 with a 2 in 1

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast