Looking for Advice:

I'm looking at a 2016 FX20LE, never owned a Skeeter, last bass boat was a Lund pro v bass 2075 and triton 21, Looking for the good bad and the ugly?
    rough water ride, quality, speed, things to look out for. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Ok..... 2 more casts and I'm outta here!!

2. Member
    I have a 2010 FX21 and love it. I have had 3 Skeeters with them being a ZX225 and loved all three of them. My FX21 rides and handles rough water really well. Not going to be the fastest, but I can get there safely and return safely and that is most important. All brands have good and bad. Some go really fast but don't do well in rough water. Some ride wet and etc. I buy Skeeters because they are well made, and fish really good. I can also get more boat for the money.
    Scott Smith
    Blanchard, OK
    2014 FX 20 Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    I have a 2019 FX21 LE. Without dragging into my dealers short comings on the boat, I will say this.
    I like the way the boat fishes. The front deck is large and gives you plenty of room to move about.
    The ride on rough water is good, but you do have to trim it right. The storage compartments are one
    of my favorite things about this boat. Lots of room and can be arraigned to accommodate most any angler.
    The 250 SHO has been the most reliable thing on this boat. I have a great hole shot and after having some
    cup added to the 25 T2 prop, I can spin it up to 74.5 mph (gps). That's not bad for a big boat.
    And I have it loaded down!

Small problems that exist for me, deep draft, it takes 1.5 ft of water for this monster to float and maneuver in.
    It's a heavy boat, it does not handle well around docks, seems to slide and drift right off path. With being heavy,
    it's a bear to maneuver around the garage or my warehouse. It holds a lot of gas, break out the credit card if you
    fill it up. It is also difficult to get into the bilge compartment to do any work. The side rear deck plates have to be removed
    If your doing much more than looking into the bilge. And mine, puddles water on the console deck and doesn't drain out
    properly.

In all it's a good boat. It fishes great! So long as you get a good motor, trolling motor and trailer.
    I think you'll be happy with it. Good Luck!

4. Member
    So I am on my 4th Skeeter which is a 2016 FX21. I am on year 4 with this boat, and it has been a great boat.

It fishes well, stable and is very easy to drive. I can easily get 75mph out this boat and it gets there fast, however it is flashed. Skeeters are very easy to drive, they require no input to drive at there max speeds. Rough ride is good, but can be really good if you are willing to prop it with a 4 blade 24" Razor4XL. This prop while Running Erie and St. Clair has made all the difference in the world when it gets really rough. As far as typical conditions boat waves, smaller bodies of water and chop the standard 25T-1 or 2 is fine. My fishing partner has a phoenix 721 and it is on par with that boat as far as ride is concerned.

As far as issues, nothing major. I had a flowrite fitting to the livewell pumpout not seated and fell off, the switch for the Rigid red led lights failed and was replaced. The Speakers are cheap, so I replaced with better ones and had a power pole control board go out.

The boat will porpoise at low speeds if you don't trim down.