Water pump issue...

So I just replaced my water pump and am noticing that the motor has water coming out as indicated... it never did that before. What did I do wrong, or is that normal. 20210512_191051.jpg

Also, I just replaced the housing bc the one that came with the kit had a hole in it which is how I noticed the leak the first time. I then had to use the old housing but used all the new parts. Thanks

2. Member
    I’m interested in this also mine did the same thing this spring and haven’t had time to look into it farther, mine is a cross flow V6 could it be that the motor isn’t to operating temp and the thermostat hasn’t opened yet.

3. Member
    So I read that its normal...not sure i buy that but it could be since I cleaned up all the gook and grime that the water can now come out there.
    I don't care if its on the exhaust side. I'm just worried the motor isn't getting water. This boat sat for 7 years and is new to me so I just want to be sure I door blow it up ��

4. Member
    I get water out from all types of places on muffs too.

You should be getting a stream of water shooting out up closer to the motor. It’s a little hole, so it’s possible it’s gunked up.

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    There are two pumps available 5001594 and 5001595 one has a hole one doesn't, guess you ordered the one with the hole. Parts ordering is all dependent on your model number.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TiNuts View Post
    I get water out from all types of places on muffs too.

You should be getting a stream of water shooting out up closer to the motor. It’s a little hole, so it’s possible it’s gunked up.
    i guess i did, but i replaced it and used the old housing, and water is still coming out between the lower and adapter plate (which it never did before)

7. Member
    Here's the pic of the one with the hole, 20210513_105938.jpg

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqrlnut View Post
    i guess i did, but i replaced it and used the old housing, and water is still coming out between the lower and adapter plate (which it never did before)

Now it is leaking at the adapter plate? You may have knocked the water tube out of the grommet now you're going to have to pull the power head to fix that.