Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    That guy puts me to sleep...
    I've had that same experience with Carvall

2. Member
    Reading this reminds me of my return from Vietnam in 1968. I didn't care what the clowns though at that time and still don't. I salute all military past and present.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    I guess things have changed since I got out in '80. My ID was thick and laminated and there was no way you could "crumple it up". Pretty sure the new ones are almost like a credit card and carry most of the SRB data on them. I could be wrong on that part though, I think that's what my nephew who just retired told me.
    Pretty much. If you've seen or had a TWIC card it's basically the same thing physically.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

4. Member
    So many other options other than acting like an ass.

5. Member
    Watch the video and you can see the real reason for this guy acting the way he did. An interracial groups walks into his not so interracial bar and Richard ain't gonna have it. It's not only a southern thing
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    Seems there are several things that don't add up. To the guys who are saying to string him up, let me remind you of a kid named Nick Sandmann
    Was he there too?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    That guy puts me to sleep...
    I think that smokey haze around you is the more likely culprit

8. Member
    What a Tool.
    Basscat Pantera 2

9. Member
    Sorry if an id ain't plastic and can be crumpled, it ain't real imo. Hell I have have a plastic state issued Id/certification from our state ag department just to buy chemicals for the farm

10. Member

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billwvu05 View Post
    He deserves every bit of that distasteful dish he is now enjoying!

12. Member
    It looks like the bartender admits he screwed up and was a jerk about it. I still don't understand why the other members couldn't show him their ID's to prove it was legit but oh well......

13. Member

14. Member
    This guy is a piece of work.

15. Member
    I am truly sorry for my actions on May 2nd at LOTO Lounge. I would like to personally apologize to the group of soldiers that came into the establishment,” the screenshot reads. “I said some regretful, hateful things in regards to your service to the country and I’m sickened by my own comments. It was a stupid drunken mistake and I would sincerely like to extend an apology to you and to anyone in the service that I upset.”

So they let a drunk be the bartender? Says a lot for the place!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G4bama View Post
    Watch the video and you can see the real reason for this guy acting the way he did. An interracial groups walks into his not so interracial bar and Richard ain't gonna have it. It's not only a southern thing
    What?

Yeah, he was a richard. I hope he is sincere with his apology. Every one of us has been a richard at one time or another and said/done something stupid.

Blown out of proportion IMO.

Back in my teenage years I worked at MCB Quantico at the MWR. My instructions were to verify military ID before selling or renting anything. One day in comes an African American officer (IIRC a Major) who wanted to buy some amusement park tickets, so I ask for an ID. She say she forgot it, but was in her full service uniform and that should be all the proof I needed. I said no ma'am, ID was required and unfortunately she would not be able to purchase without. She made a big deal out of it, going off in a raised voice claiming poor treatment of an officer, publicly shamed me and stormed off.

If that had been today I'm sure someone would have recorded that on their cellphone, put it on social media and made it out to be some racist kid disrespecting the military. When in reality it was just one of those time and place circumstances that unfortunately was bad for both parties.

About 4 hours later she returns with her ID and she apologized and said "I know you're just doing your job.". I apologized to her as well for creating an inconvenience, sold her the tickets and we went on our merry way.

Sometimes crap happens, people have bad days and over-react. It doesn't always have to be headline news - things are done nowadays to whip up the mob. Don't enable these people and consume the videos and tweets about every little confrontation in life. It will just burn everyone up on the inside and distract us from working hard, spending time with our family, friends and neighbors and fighting our real enemies. All we do now is fight each other.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12