Cover for Ranger Z21 recessed trolling motor tray

I need some suggestions, I installed a MG XI5 that came with the wireless foot control. My issue is that the foot control is not usable down inside the tray and I need it at deck level to operate it. Has anyone built/bought a cover for the tray or have a suggestion on another solution?
    2005 Ranger Z21 Dual Console
    2005 Verado 250

2. Member
    Don't know of any cover for them but you could buy a plastic cutting board (thick enough to be sturdy) and cut it to fit over the tray. Then screw it down. You could paint it if you wanted.

3. Member
    Take the measurements and call poly fab in Springfield, MO. They might make you one. On of the guys is a fisherman and has made me some specialty items.

4. Member
    Look at Precision Sonar or Ultimate Boat Products. Both have a cover for the trolling motor tray!

5. retired military technici mt72916's Avatar

i made a cover

i used a piece of aluminum sheet and this vinyl wrap from Amazon.
    I used the space under the cover to install my ethernet switch in the tray.

amazon's VViViD Matte Black Vinyl Wrap Adhesive Film Air Release Decal Sheet (18" x 60")

click here

Ranger 2002 175 DVS F115 Yamaha
    Ulterra SI, Helix 9 MSI G3 on bow and console
    2007 2500 6.7 Diesel Ram 2015 Crusader 294RLT
    fish DeGray lake in April & October

6. mikesxpress
    Bill I think Mel's use of an aluminum sheet is the best solution. If you remove the trim ring around the tray you can use it for a template and cut/drill a 1/8" sheet of 6061 T6 aluminum. Counter sink the holes and screw it down in the same holes. You now have a plate to bolt your foot control too.

I've been looking at this mod for my Z21 Intracoastal if I decide to move to a true saltwater TM.