Thread: Tesla Model X

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tesla Model X

My brother ordered one for his wife in Jan. Bought the charger and had 220 electrical run to his garage. He got an email this week to expect delivery in Feb 2022!

And Elon thanks him, too!
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

3. Member
    The Model S and Model X (shared platform) have stopped production. They did this about a month ago.

4. Member
    $$$

5. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AirForceAngler View Post
    And Elon thanks him, too!

As a shareholder, so do I.

Tesla can't build the cars fast enough. They can't build the plants fast enough. Add to that the chip shortage and everything is being delayed.

I recently pre ordered a Rivian R1T and hope to get it early next year. The new Ford Lightning is going to be shown May 19th I think, and that will sell out in minutes.

On the bright side, once he takes delivery he'll probably be able to sell it for a profit. I think EV's will be an appreciating asset for a few years.
    Thanos was the hero

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    As a shareholder, so do I.

Tesla can't build the cars fast enough. They can't build the plants fast enough. Add to that the chip shortage and everything is being delayed.

I recently pre ordered a Rivian R1T and hope to get it early next year. The new Ford Lightning is going to be shown May 19th I think, and that will sell out in minutes.

On the bright side, once he takes delivery he'll probably be able to sell it for a profit. I think EV's will be an appreciating asset for a few years.
    They won't appreciate in value as it is still a vehicle with a diminishing material value, but it will hold value better than the rest.
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromer View Post
    The Model S and Model X (shared platform) have stopped production. They did this about a month ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil
    Tesla can't build the cars fast enough. They can't build the plants fast enough

8. Member
    Be interesting to see if demand goes up after this pipeline/gas shortage debacle. Haven't seen a Tesla in the gas lines yet.

Don't want an EV in anyway shape or form.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffth View Post
    Be interesting to see if demand goes up after this pipeline/gas shortage debacle. Haven't seen a Tesla in the gas lines yet.
    I just heard the other day that "if we all drove EV this pipeline closure wouldnt affect us".

So we will see

11. Banned
    itll be the new talking point as to why we need to go all electric

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by magfluker View Post
    They won't appreciate in value as it is still a vehicle with a diminishing material value, but it will hold value better than the rest.
    would blow you mind yes some cars do appreciate for example i had a c7 corvette i bought January 2020 for 38k i sold it last month to a dealer for 45k and he sold it in a day for 49k this was a base model 3lt option car that i put almost 10k miles on in the year.

13. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Did he buy car with Bitcoin???
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by gdi View Post
    Don't want an EV in anyway shape or form.
    Neither does the country, ev's have been around a long time and are 1.5% of the market even after all the marketing and over 1 trillion spent to make and promote them.
    Ranger Forever

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cullum View Post
    I just heard the other day that "if we all drove EV this pipeline closure wouldnt affect us".

So we will see
    They'll just hack the power grid next time.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

16. Banned
    tesla models so far S3XY.

17. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barkleyhawggitter View Post
    Neither does the country, ev's have been around a long time and are 1.5% of the market even after all the marketing and over 1 trillion spent to make and promote them.

According to who? and what EV has been around a long time? What trillion was spent where. Maybe I have been living under a rock, but the Rivian, and Cyber Truck are the only EV trucks that can be preordered, they're not even available yet. Ford to release their EV truck in few days. The Cyber truck has 2 years of production already reserved. The Rivian has 10s of thousands pre ordered. The Ford EV will sell out in minutes. Tesla spends zero dollars in advertising, no need to promote.

EV's are only 1.5% of market because nobody has been making them. But thats changing.
    Thanos was the hero

18. Member
    Would not mind having a Ev for local in state driving, but if going out of state or a longer distance I would prefer a gas or diesel.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magfluker View Post
    Go NADA some truck values....mine appreciated over 4k retail in just a month. It's all supply and demand, vehicles can appreciate in value we just don't see it happen often.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barkleyhawggitter View Post
    The Govn'mnt is pushing the agenda and literally forcing the hand of mainstream automotive. A recent president changed the CAFE standard, this is the corporate or fleet MPG average, pushed through the roof and "THE ONLY" way a car manufacturer can meet this new standard is to offset internal combustion vehicles with EV and the zero emission credits that come with it..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast