Thread: question

question

I've tried the V A website and it seems to go around in circles ( what's new ? ) so I'm curios if anyone can answer this question or steer me towards where I can get one. Yesterday I had to visit the V A eye facility in the Villages, Fl. They wanted to check my eyes where I had a retina tear years ago. It had been 3 years since my last visit there. Long story short, I got a pair of glasses and it cost me $ 219. When we lived up north I never paid a penny for anything . I asked why and was told " because there are more veterans living in Florida than anywhere else ". WTF does that have to do with anything ? We all served the same country didn't we ? Why ?

Without having the chance to look up population statistics in terms of number of vets per clinic, etc. The short answer is "yes, we all served the country." The much longer answer is along the lines of your treatment, care, facilities, wait times, surgery options, etc are largely dependent on where you are living as well as what your rating is. When you lived "up north," how many vets did your clinic/hospital serve, what was their occupancy level for both patient and staff. Here in Fayetteville, NC, we have a VA Hospital and a clinic. The speed of your next appointment is largely dependent on who your provider is and where is he working.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

I understand all that. I don't understand why your charged for similar service @ 1 facility and it's free at another.

Afraid I can't answer that one at all.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

5. Member
    I paid 99.00 for my VA glasses before the most current rating.

Not sure why you are having the discrepancy? I never pay for the glasses I get at the local Army hospital. I take them a script and they mail my glasses.

6. Member
    JAZZ I have no answer for your question. I do agree the standard should be the same from one VA to another no matter the location.

7. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    The only thing I can think of is did you get any extra's not on the prescription or did you pick any frames that are not on the VA list?

Check with the patient advocate to see what he says.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67