Post Spawn Cold Front

Any ideas on what to throw and where to throw it in a post spawn cold front? Night temps are going from 60 to 47-48 the next few nights. Never experienced this before. The shad spawn started a week ago but that will be non-existent the next few mornings. Been a squirely spring this year.

TIA for any suggestions!

2. Member
    Looking for post spawn cold fronts.

3. Member
    Same situation here in east Texas. Tried all the normal shad spawn baits with very poor results and decided to try my C rig with the usual baits and colors nothin. Then while digging through my baits I see some long forgotten cotton candy chartreuse tail 6" lizards and think what the heck these look a little bit like a shad color.

17 fish later I figured I made the right choice. I was fishing a point where the shad had been spawning and a nearby road.bed.
    2016 Phoenix 819 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Kenny

If you want to keep after those same fish, I'd be throwing a jerkbait off the sides of the areas where the shad were spawning.

Otherwise, go find some bluegill beds and fish them! The bluegills won't stop spawning because of a cold front. I love throwing a swim jig around them, but sometimes I've found you have to be a little more subtle. Working something finessey from the beds out has bailed me out a bunch of times, and the best part is it's a pattern you can run all over the place.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34