NRX SYR 822 as all purpose rod?

Curious about the Nrx 822 syr.
    How would this rod fare for other finesse techniques? In addition to shakyhead obviously, I was hoping to use it also for drop shot (I almost exclusively t-rig my ds worms), split-shot, and weightless worms, as well as wacky/flick style, would love to hear from users and abusers of this rod.

2. Member
    I have a 822 SYR, 822 DSR, and 872. The 872 is my favorite but I love the versatility of the SYR for lighter applications that I wouldn't use on my 872.

3. Member
    I find the 822 in both the DSR and SYR to be way too soft.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

4. Member
    822 syr is a great finesse rod.. I have never used it for dropshot, but I'd is pretty similar to the dsr with the dsr being a bit lighter.. 822 syr and 872 are my all time favorite spinning rods
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

The SYR is an extra fast action. Personally I don't like it as a drop shot rod, I like a softer tip for DS.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    The SYR is an extra fast action. Personally I don't like it as a drop shot rod, I like a softer tip for DS.
    So is the 822 dsr
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by NRXfever View Post
    So is the 822 dsr
    The DSR has a very soft tip in the first 6 inches or so. Works really well for DS, but not for casting type applications. NRX's are specialty rods, I don't know of one that I would classify as a general purpose rod.

8. Member
    The DSR has a very soft tip in the first 6 inches or so. Works really well for DS, but not for casting type applications. NRX's are specialty rods, I don't know of one that I would classify as a general purpose rod.
    I would say most all purpose in the line up is the 852s
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury

9. Member
    Fishes 1/32 Gopher (Z Man OG) Neds rather well. The 872s is very much a jack of a lot of trades (smallmouth) spinning rod. There’s only a couple models in the original NRX spin lineup that I haven’t owned at some point. There are some gems in the lineup that I adore just like the Conquests.