Question Substance removal on hull

I recently bought a 2004 Ranger Riata that was not cared for the way it should have been. The hull has a brown buildup on it that I haven’t identified. I’ve tried just about everything to get it off with no success. I’m ready to break out the sander but I’m worried I will do more harm than good

any suggestions are welcome
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Maybe someone that details cars could buff it off with a rubbing/polishing compound?
    Phillip "Wade" Norris
    2015 Ranger Z520C
    250 Merc Optimax Pro XS (S# 2B113454)
    25P Fury - 4 blade all holes open

3. Member
    That looks like someone ran the boat thru an oil slick. I'd try Acetone on a rag and follow up with some stuff I used to use on my white hulled Ranger called Off-On. I think it is a mild muriatic acid and requires a respirator (kind with canister filters, not just a paper mask) and some rubber gloves. Cleans up those orange hulls after fishing muddy waters quite well.

4. Member
    on Lake Hartwell in Westminster, SC 29693
    oven cleaner

5. Member
    Not sure what is on your hull, but for removing the nasty stains when the river is running brown in my area, I use Starbrite Hull Cleaner. I use a small spray bottle to evenly apply it. Keep it away from your face and do not breathe it in. Its pretty stout stuff, but does a great job cleaning the hull. Afterwards, I wash the hull good with soap and water and then apply a coat of wax.

6. Member
    You may want to carpet those bunk boards too. Raw wood can be tough on that glass hull.