Thread: Help Needed

Help Needed

Pouring white frogs. Using injection. First batch brite white. Each batch after that looks off white or an egg shell color. What can I do to keep the plastic brite.
    Thanks

2. Member
    Are you reheating left over plastic? Getting it to hot & scorching it?

If you're reheating white, do 30 second heats at 50% power and add a little heat stabilizer. It will take longer but should keep your white cleaner.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

4. Member
    ^^^ What Bryanmc57 said. Same goes for chartreuse or any light color. Heat slow, stir often. I heat slow and stir often for pretty much all the baits I make. And I always add heat stabilizer. It's made a huge difference for me in getting consistent colors.

5. Member
    Thanks. I don't know what stabilizer is. Where do you get it from? I'm very new at this. Injectors, molds and some plastisol was given to me. So thanks. I can use any help I can get.
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by 275 pro View Post
    Thanks. I don't know what stabilizer is. Where do you get it from? I'm very new at this. Injectors, molds and some plastisol was given to me. So thanks. I can use any help I can get.
    Ben
    "Heat stabilizer is in all plastic formulas to help keep the plastic from scorching or burning at high temperatures. Heat stabilizer keeps the light colors and bright colors from fading over a prolonged period of time heating. Using heat stabilizer will allow clear plastic and the lighter colors to stay that way at higher heating temperatures or for longer periods of heating time. Very little heat stabilizer is needed to get this effect. Start at about three ounces per gallon of plastic or a teaspoon for the 12 ounces" -from LureCraft site.
    You can also put in a little new/fresh plastic when reheating helps too. What Bryanmc57 said is good tips. I usually add some heat stabilizer in fresh plastic depending on the color I am going to make. And a little more when I re-heat (when it is still warm). From a cold re-heat cut the plastic up in chunks and add a little fresh plastic and some heat stabilizer and cook it slowly. A good investment would be to get a small indoor electric cooktop. So you can set the pyrex cup of plastic on top and keep it warm. I also set my injector on the cooktop to keep it warm as well. TackleUnderground site has lots of good info. on making plastics.
    Hire Lures BuzzWalker quick-clip on topwater blades
    2019 Nitro Z19 200 Pro XS 4S V-T2 Live well vents

7. Member
    Thanks for the help guys.