New Nitro Wiring

I just bought my first new boat last month. I had a garmin 106sv and purchased a 126 sv to use up front with my livescope. I had the dealer install them both. They ran new power to the front of the boat and tapped the 126sv and livescope black box into that power. My console and pretty much everything else runs to a fuse block at the console under the windshield. I am planning on running 14g from the 126 to the fuse block so everything except the LS black box runs there. I plan on rerouting the LS wiring to the console and installing a toggle switch to turn it on/off when not in use.

Everything seems to work fine now but that is the plan I have in my head. Do you guys think it is worth the effort or just leave it be? I have a Peako (spelling) switch in my transom area that I switch off unless I'm on the water, however this dedicated power line they ran for the LS and 126 do not run through the Peako. I'm just wondering if it's worth the effort or if I should just leave it alone and use it as it is.
    2020 Z-18
    HB Solix 10 - Console
    Garmin 126sv w/Livescope - Bow

I checked my LS module and when powered off, it still draws 0.1 amps. Not a lot but could cause a problem if stored for long periods of time.
    Your wiring arrangement is a good one but If it were me, I would move the + wire for the power feed to the bow to the Perko switch. That’s how mine is wired.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    I checked my LS module and when powered off, it still draws 0.1 amps. Not a lot but could cause a problem if stored for long periods of time.
    Your wiring arrangement is a good one but If it were me, I would move the + wire for the power feed to the bow to the Perko switch. That’s how mine is wired.
    I like the idea of that. And you don’t have any interference problems? Everyone says that’s most of the reason to run straight power to the LS.
    2020 Z-18
    HB Solix 10 - Console
    Garmin 126sv w/Livescope - Bow

4. Member
    If your going to run another wire I would use 10 gauge at the least.
    Joe

2023 Ranger 521R
    C&O Marine
    Ranger Boats
    Mercury PRO XS 250 V-8
    Lew's
    P-Line
    Pro Tungsten
    Jimmy Boss Rod and Reel service
    Lanier Lawn & Landscaping
    FastBass Marine
    Retired US Army