Medallion 5 inch tachometer/digital gauge - fuel percentage??

I think my Medallion 5 inch tachometer/digital gauge that seems to be standard on cx21 is not reading fuel level correctly. Always seems to read too high a percentage of fuel left. For instance, I fill tank full and it says 100 percentfor quite awhile, even when I have run full throttle quite a bit. Also, on engine start it seems to read lower and climbs to 98 percent when there is definitely less than that left... anyone else have this problem? Is vesselview hard wired better at reading fuel level?

2. Member
    Fb caymas boats,tips,trick,sales group was just posted on the gauge. If all issues to gauge have been checked and known good. Gauge has to be replaced. I know guys going through 2 or 3 gauges to fix, they said.
    Vesselview can also be back and forth. Seen posts on BBC about vesselview users.

3. Member
    I've only topped mine off once and gauge read 100%. Ran a few hours pre-fishing and fished a tournament the next day. Guage still read 100%. Related, when I was breaking it in I went from 10-12% to 0% in 5-10 minutes. Got worried so I went to the marina and paid $5/gal to put 10 gallons in and it went back up to 15%. Within another 15-20 minutes it went back to 0%. Thought it was just a fluke, but maybe it's an issue. I'll look on FB to see what they are saying, but will definitely be keeping an eye on it now.

4. Member
    Same. I've learned to live with it I guess. Ran down to 50% once, but put in 30 gallons of fuel so only actually had 20 gallons left. At least now I have a reference point.

Mine was accurate in the first couple of months, but now it keeps changing between 0% and 5% and I know it has 25 gallons. Everything else on gauge still work. I'll try to re-calibrate and see what happens.
    2022 Caymas CX21
    2022 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    2022 Benchmark Tandem Trailer

6. Member

7. Member
    When "re-calibrating" these gauge, does the fuel tank need to be 100% full. If not, how does it know how full the tank is? Mine never moves off of 100%...until it's at 0.

8. Member
    If its empty,1/2or full tank. If after calibration, gauge is still not working , usually needs another gauge replacement. Ive seen an heard guys say up to 3 gauge replacements to get one to work.