93SV UHD Transducer Mounting Location on Ranger Bass Boat - HELP!

Hey Guys,

I've got a new 93SV UHD with the GT56 Transducer. I am very uncertain of where to mount it on my 94' Ranger Sport R70. If I mount it where the previous ducer was mounted, the transducer will not sit parallel with the boat, which I fear will give an offset or poor representation of side imaging. If I mount it on the flat part of the transom, I fear it may be to close to the motor and will get interferance.

Two pictures, one with the transducer places in both locations described above. And a pic of the boat, just because.

IMG_6473.jpg IMG_6472.jpg IMG_6408.jpg

Can anyone please advise? I am truly lost for a direction here.

Much appreciated.

2. Member
    I have a 2000 Ranger and mounted it lower in the middle (near drain plug). You can refer to the pic here if that helps (try to ignore the poor gelcoat color match attempt - doesn't matter to me at least as I know you never learn without trying ). If you don't have enough room down there, I would go with you 1st option for sure. You will want the ducer orientation to match the bow as accurately as possible.

I used the Transducer Saver spring back bracket and armor plate to protect this Helix 9 transducer (which is huge), and way bigger than my GT 54 ducers (on the Force TM) I have.

Lastly, you can try one of the transom saver blocks (that attaches using 3M) first, which will allow you to test your readings while idling around. Remember on plane you wouldn't be getting readings anyhow.

IMG_0786.jpg
    Jan-Erik
    2000 Ranger 520DVS, Mercury Optimax 225HP

3. Member
    Thank you for your advice, I am going to attempt to put mine somewhere near that area as well, I will be using the transducer block like you mentioned so I dont have to redrill holes if I mess it up. Thanks!!!