Lowrance Ghost Intermittent Prop Power Issue

Saw same problem reported by a few folks but no real outcome other than a response that mentioned a pm was sent:

Ghost worked great for past 5 months and super happy with design and operation.

However last 2 of the 3 mornings first starting the Ghost I had no power to the propeller. The head rotates just fine and all lights on ... just no prop spin. After turning off and on a few times (waiting to let settle and load each time before deploying) on the Ghost itself it eventually works and no problems the rest of the day.

Any ideas on what could be causing this issue and how to fix?

Thanks in advance for the help

Similar reported problems:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ost+prop+power
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ost+prop+power
    Last edited by gte331r; 06-16-2021 at 10:46 AM.

I noticed that if I turn the ghost on and immediately deploy it it does that. If I give it a few seconds ( I guess for the software to load) it works just fine. Not sure it that applies to your issue or not.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

3. Member
    I turn my Ghost on when I turn on the graphs at the ramp and no issues. Also, make sure you are using the latest version of firmware (1.1.06.00).

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

4. Member
    It’s odd no problems for 5 months and then this.

Thanks for comments guys. Just to be safe I did just update to 1.1.06.00 and will keep folks posted on outcome. On plus it was very easy via App and Bluetooth for the update.

5. Member
    Quick update:
    I talked to Lowrance Tech Support and they recommended some checks:

1. Check a connection on the underneath of the foot pedal (had to remove metal cover plate to see). They sent a pic with an arrow pointing to the exact connection - very helpful and appreciated. Connection confirmed good.
    2. I verified no fishing line or obstructions on prop shaft - completely clean.
    3. All batteries less than a year old (31 AGM) and confirmed good.
    4. Since both 1, 2, and 3 look good, they recommended trying a factory reset. That's where I am at. I plan to take to lake soon to try that.

Also - Welaka and GBhoss: Thanks but that's what I do. I always turn on prior to dunking boat (along with my graphs). Plenty of time to boot and settle before deploying.
    Last edited by gte331r; 06-16-2021 at 10:45 AM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gte331r View Post
    Quick update:

1. Check a connection on the underneath of the foot pedal (had to remove metal cover plate to see). They sent a pic with an arrow pointing to the exact connection - very helpful and appreciated. Connection confirmed good.
    4. Since both 1, 2, and 3 look good, they recommended trying a factory reset. That's where I am at. I plan to take to lake soon to try that.

Also - Welaka and GBhoss: Thanks but that's what I do. I always turn on prior to dunking boat (along with my graphs). Plenty of time to boot and settle before deploying.
    What did you come up with after resetting?

7. Member
    The reset seemed to do the trick. I've gone out now 4 times since resetting and zero problems since doing the reset.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gte331r View Post
    Quick update:

Is it possible for you to share the picture that Lowrance sent you? I’m in the same boat - 2021 Z520C Ranger <17 hours on the boat - Lithium Batteries fully charged - fished 5 hours was working fine at the last stop - had a pretty rough 25-30 mile boat ride - dropped the trolling motor near the ramp to hit one last spot - Nothing. Blue light on, power meter shows HIGH - head will turn, prop will not spin when the button is depressed. Any ideas?

Now after sitting on charge all night - the foot pedal won’t even turn on - no blue lights, no beeps, nothing - Making matters worse I have a BFL on the James this Sat (Inc time off, AirBNB, the works)

9. Member
    I am having this exact problem. I’ve tried all things suggested on this thread. Anyone have any solid solutions here?