Tackle Shops around Nashville

What are some good tackle shops around Nashville? Will be in the area for a week in the summer and may check some out.

Bass Pro Shop

Flippers in Gallatin
    '05 Stratos 200 ProXL, '05 Evinrude 225HO

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin389 View Post
    Flippers in Gallatin
    I was going to mention this one, but was unsure if it was still around. Years ago, the wife and I fished several couples tourneys out of there on Old Hickory.

5. Moderator
    Unfortunately not a lot of good ones around. Flippers is decent but other than that I don't know of any outside of Academy and BassPro.

6. Member
    I was in Flippers a month ago, and the inventory was low on several things. That was my first time in there, and I could see it being a great shop to pick up stuff last minute while you're at the lake, but when I seen dt6's for $9.99, I would just assume to go to Bass Pro or Academy. Still,it was a nice shop that carries a lot of tackle.
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke

Bass Pro put all the good ones out of business when they moved in. Flippers and Poindexter's in Gallatin are both pretty good. But about 45 minutes or so from Downtown Nashville.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

8. Member
    Flippers inventory is low due to no restock, he was trying to sell it last year and was going to lock the doors if he didn’t have a buyer by years end but I guess he’s still staying open unless he finally sold it. I haven’t been over there yet this year to see what’s happening with it.

9. Member
    Flippers is pricey but has things bass pro seems to always be out of for me.

10. Member
    Flippers is still open. Not sure what has happened there in the last year. At one time I think he had a buyer for the place but that may have fell through. He wants to retire. I think one issue with selling is that according to what I've been told is that the location can't be used for a restaurant unless connected to sewer line which is a good 1/2 mile or more away. Don't think he wants to go to that expense and that may be limiting his potential buyers.

I'm not really aware of any other decent tackle shops around Nashville other than Academy or Bass Pro Shops. I think there is one in Murfreesboro called Murfreesboro Outdoors. I've never been to it though.
    GETFISHED !!!

11. Member
    Unfortunately Murfreesboro Outdoors closed several years ago.
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

12. Member
    is Starky's still around?

Quote Originally Posted by SHM64 View Post
    is Starky's still around?
    Negative. Owner passed away last year and the kids sold off the inventory. I heard it was going to open back up, but haven't seen any further news on it.
    '05 Stratos 200 ProXL, '05 Evinrude 225HO

14. Member
    Sportsman's Warehouse in Murfreesboro usually has a pretty good tackle selection...and I believe some of the folks from Murfreesboro Outdoors are running the fishing dept. there now.

15. Member
    Are there any good tackle shops anywhere in Tennessee?

We have three around Chattanooga. Soddy Custom tackle, Fish Tales, Dayton boat dock. All within 30 miles of Chattanooga, in stock, competitively priced.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shane11991 View Post
    Are there any good tackle shops anywhere in Tennessee?

My favorite tackle shop is the Ace Hardware in Smithville. They don't have a ton of stock, but they have a lot and stuff thats local and BPS and others don't carry.

Edgemoor outdoors