How best to safely remove crud on gelcoated Ranger hull?

I have a new Ranger bassboat that I want to keep at my dock, in the water, on Lake Marion in SC. Problem is, the hull and anything in contact with the water becomes fouled within a week or two. I have had difficulty removing the crud. Question: What product(s) and method(s) is/are best for removing crud while not bleaching or harming the gel coat? BTW, the hull color is a crimson Red. I realize that after crud removal, one must put on a new coat of wax.

2. Member
    I would get it sprayed with ceramic coating, works great. Saltwater guy's down here in Louisiana are doing it. My wife's car is coated, and oak tree scum/ sap just come's right off with the water hose.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LannyK View Post
    I have a new Ranger bassboat that I want to keep at my dock, in the water, on Lake Marion in SC. Problem is, the hull and anything in contact with the water becomes fouled within a week or two. I have had difficulty removing the crud. Question: What product(s) and method(s) is/are best for removing crud while not bleaching or harming the gel coat? BTW, the hull color is a crimson Red. I realize that after crud removal, one must put on a new coat of wax.
    toilet bowl cleaner like sno-bol works good to get the waterline scum stains out of gelcoat but you will need to wax afterward

4. Member
    White vinegar in a spray bottle ! Non toxic ! won't harm the gel coat ! Spray on let it soak in ! Scum should wipe off with a damp cloth !

5. Member
    Equal parts of white vinegar, hydrogen peroxide and dish soap in a one gallon sprayer works great. Also works great on the carpet.
    Joe

2023 Ranger 521R
    C&O Marine
    Ranger Boats
    Mercury PRO XS 250 V-8
    Lew's
    P-Line
    Pro Tungsten
    Jimmy Boss Rod and Reel service
    Lanier Lawn & Landscaping
    FastBass Marine
    Retired US Army
    Support Our Soldiers

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Joessmokin View Post
    Equal parts of white vinegar, hydrogen peroxide and dish soap in a one gallon sprayer works great. Also works great on the carpet.
    Might have to try this.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joessmokin View Post
    May work great on the hull but not a chance I would put dish soap on carpet. Even with good rinsing, soap leaves a residue that attracts more dirt (like it is supposed to do) and wears carpet.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S