2021 AVX 1980 Silver Spectrum

Just got my new boat! Here it Is!

2021 AVX 1980 Silver Spectrum
    2021 Mercury Pro XS 150hp
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80lb i-Pilot US2
    Humminbird Helix 9 G3N SI
    Garmin 7 2D (Loaner from my brother - Helix 10 G4N on backorder)
    Victor Package
    Slidemaster manual setback
    Center glove box
    Interior light package
    Sea Star foot throttle
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 6.JPG (2.42 MB, 157 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.JPG (6.16 MB, 183 views)
    • File Type: jpg 8.JPG (748.5 KB, 156 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.JPG (2.99 MB, 167 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (8.30 MB, 240 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.JPG (6.31 MB, 179 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.JPG (6.62 MB, 153 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (7.85 MB, 142 views)

2. Member
    Great looking rig! Exact color I've been looking at. I see you have a foot throttle. I'm 6' 2" and 220#, is there enough leg room? Be interesting when you get some hrs. on there to see your speed stats/setup with whatever prop you had put on it? Also, where did you get your rig, very very few dealers in Calif. area. I live in central Ca. Thanks!

3. Member
    2nd the question, “Where did you get you rig”

4. Member
    Very nice! Congrats!
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

Congratulation on your boat.
    2019 Vexus AVX 2080
    Evinrude G2 200
    Bobs Hyd. Jackplate, Dual power poles
    Aluminum trailer, polyurea flooring

6. Member
    The cockpit on this boat is definitely more cramped than other boats I've been in. Not necessarily a bad thing for me. I like the conciseness. I'm 5'10 with long legs and I have the foot throttle more or less in the center point of its adjustment. The steering wheel is where I think you'd run into an issue being taller. It sits at a pretty low angle. May be worth it to get the tilt steering upgrade (which I don't have). Again though, I feel it fits me perfectly.

As for speed? I'm still breaking it in. I've only been on the water once and I had a full tank of gas, myself, my wife and my parents. That all being said I have yet to see what its capable of. I can post updates once I get more hours on it.

I purchased it through Redding Yamaha Seadoo in Redding California. I was also in contact with C&C Marine in Sacramento who also carries Vexus. Those are the only two in Northern California that I know of. Neither dealership can keep them in stock. They are selling before they even get to the dealership. My boat was ordered along with two others by the dealership in January. All 3 had deposits on them before they were even built. I was lucky enough to get to look at one that had just showed up for another customer when I was in the shopping phase.

My initial impression is nothing but positive. Got a little windy on us and it handled 2 footers like a champ. It truly feels like a glass boat.

7. Member
    Did you get air struts for the compartment doors?

8. Member
    How does that Tacoma do towing your rig

9. Member
    @BoatNoobie I did not get the struts for the doors. The center compartment does come standard with them though. The rest of them open enough to where they will lay open without falling shut on you.

@Denver It tows well enough. You can definitely tell it is back there. I haven't towed this boat enough to really get an idea but the Tacoma towed my old 82 Ranger 350v at 16mpg on long tows down the freeway. I've never had any power issues pulling out of a boat launch or anything. Its rated to tow 6,500 pounds.