Camping at Jordon lake with your boat?

My question is how many of you camp at Jordon lake and if you have a water front site. Do you leave your boat in the water over night or do you put it on the trailer? If you leave it in the water what do you do about charging your batteries? Any other advice is welcome. I fish Jordon occasionally and I have camped there before but have never been able to carry the boat and camper before.

Thanks
    1998 Triton TR20
    1998 Mercury 200EFI

Buddy of mine does it all the time, has a drop in camper (Host) on his truck. Has a generator and leaves the boat in the water.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Lot's of people do it.
    Discipline is the key, if you can't hack it, pack it!

4. Member
    Have done it for many years at Kerr lake. You need to scout out the waterfront campsites first before reserving. Considerations - chose an cove area that is somewhat sheltered from main lake boat wakes/waves/etc, distance to power pole to run the extension cord to battery chargers, bottom composition where you park (some sites have shoreline cement riprap), and ease of getting in/out of boat (shoreline cover). Cheap rubber boots comes in handy in case you need to wade out to boat a bit. Piece of cheap carpet scrap on shore and in boat to avoid tracking mud onto boat carpet. Long rope to tie up from bow eye to tree/etc.

Make sure your auto bilge pumps are working!

I also carry a cheap tarp to cover most of boat (mostly cockpit area) at night to keep out dew/rain. I use weighted gallon jugs on tarp corners to keep it in place) to keep out rain/dew.

Never had any security issues but I do have e-locks on my electronics.

One concern is dropping water level - especially at Kerr Lake where it can change quickly. If it does, you may find your boat grounded and extremely difficult to get back into water - this has happened to me twice and had to get another boat pull me back out with ropes attached to stern while I pushed from bow. I avoid this issue now by mooring a little off the shore with power poles and using rubber boots. Once I'm in, I can pull closer to shore to pick up passengers etc.

5. Member
    Thanks for these pieces of advise, especially the tarp and anchoring off the bank some. The site we have reserved is in a cove area but I wasn’t sure about running a cord out to the boat.
    1998 Triton TR20
    1998 Mercury 200EFI