Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Anyone seeing gas shortages?

The news makes it sound like back in the early 70's. I remember sitting in line with my mom and dad waiting for hours to get gas that was rationed to ceratain days depending on your tag numbers. What are you guys seeing across the state with Colonial being down??

There was a lot of panic buying here in rural GA today. Everywhere had gas though. I agree, flash back to the late ‘70s is about right.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    just another one of sleepy Joes tactics to run the price up! last week they were claiming not enough truck drivers to haul gas. that didnt work so here we are with this story now.

4. Member
    Full my car up Friday nite late or early Sat. morning . Drive my Subarban to work at the same station it has gone up $0.10 cent today . Yep make you thank back in the 70's.

5. Member
    No need for anyone to panic. Leave that to me. I got up at 2AM and filled the Pig.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckmaster27012 View Post
    just another one of sleepy Joes tactics to run the price up! last week they were claiming not enough truck drivers to haul gas. that didnt work so here we are with this story now.

Take the political bull to the bilge, oops, the Lounge.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckmaster27012 View Post
    Whew glad it is that simple....thanks for clarifying.

Friend in Moore county claimed several stations were out last night. I filled up this morning at Sam's with no issue and noticed that their Premium was sold out...saw several gas stations in town on the way to work that looked open.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

10. Member
    Almost nowhere has gas here just north of North myrtle beach. My little country store at the NC line had at least 50 cars waiting for gas this morning at 7am. Seen ppl filling huge tanks and 10 or more 5 gal jugs at a time. I need gas for my work truck and can't get it because of all the idiots who bought it up just to sit on it. Guarantee half the ppl who bought it up don't have jobs or don't need it. I run a landscaping business and my guys are struggling to get gas for my mowers. Ridiculous

11. Member
    Pretty normal here thus far, pretty rural here though.
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

12. Member
    I heard that last night in Williamston, ppl were going nuts trying to fill up everything with fuel. Here in Fayetteville, paid 2.49 this morning for gas. No lines. I was the only one at the pump as a matter of fact. I am calling BS. Predicted to be back to normal by friday, was being reported this morning.
    Last edited by fynns; 05-11-2021 at 11:00 AM.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Mountaineer View Post
    Take the political bull to the bilge, oops, the Lounge.

on 11/20 I paid 1.49 for it......yesterday I paid 2.79 for it.....you can take it to the bilge and flush it.

14. Member

15. Member
    All the stations I passed this morning were packed and people waiting in line. They were not only filling their vehicles but fuel jugs as well. This was around 6:45am.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

It appears I beat the rush. It's ugly on post too with long lines from both directions.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

17. Member
    Man I got up at 500am and fill the old Subarban up . On the way to work this afternoon around 2.00pm station out and cars and lines every where , all the way to Durham NC.

18. Member
    I did see one pretty new like,Black Bass Cat headed toward Fall's on Creedmoor rd before InterState # 540 .

19. Fishing is a Passion
    Wilmington NC is very sparse with open Gas Stations. There are more stations closed than open. I would say it is a real issue here.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

20. Member
    I'm out in WNC near Fontana Lake. There is no gas in NC West of Asheville. Waynesville to Murphy are all out. Luckily I filled up truck and boat on way home Sunday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast