6 week delivery!!!

I ordered my Z19 Pro on March 26th and got a call today from BPS that my boat would be in this week. Like everyone else, I was told told 8-10 weeks, possibly 12 with the back orders. Of course I wasn’t expecting it so soon, I haven’t even gotten financing squared yet. Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited, but I’m nervous and scared as hell to drop this $61k.

This is my first boat and I’m getting back into fishing after serving in the USAF. I am crazy for going new and being a relative novice, right? I mean who does that....ahh, the anxiety is killing me! Please tell me I’m not the only one whose felt this way?

93C2BDE4-B930-426C-87BF-EE026D3E55F9.jpeg

2. Member
    Six weeks is really something right now. My salesman did tell me a couple of weeks ago that all they can get from Nitro right now is the Z19 and Z21 boats. Maybe it was time for a Z19 run when you ordered.

I bought my first bass boat in 1972. Many boats later I still get that queasy feeling that I'm making a big mistake, no matter how badly I want the boat or how many times I've been thru it. So, no, you're not crazy, just normal, at least in my world. I buy nothing used so going new makes perfect sense to me. The Z19 is probably one of the best sized boats out there. Not too big and not too small. Use it and enjoy it. By the way, thanks for your Air Force service. My son was in the AF in the early 90's and I'm a Vietnam vet, Army.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

3. Member
    That is great! You are not crazy, I am having the same thoughts and this is not my first. I am 79 and ordered my Z19 Pro on April 7, and was told by customer service my completion date is May 14. My only issue is I sold my 2009 Z6 five weeks ago. Can't hardly stand it.
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigezsaint View Post
    I ordered my Z19 Pro on March 26th and got a call today from BPS that my boat would be in this week. Like everyone else, I was told told 8-10 weeks, possibly 12 with the back orders. Of course I wasn’t expecting it so soon, I haven’t even gotten financing squared yet. Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited, but I’m nervous and scared as hell to drop this $61k.

This is my first boat and I’m getting back into fishing after serving in the USAF. I am crazy for going new and being a relative novice, right? I mean who does that....ahh, the anxiety is killing me! Please tell me I’m not the only one whose felt this way?

93C2BDE4-B930-426C-87BF-EE026D3E55F9.jpeg
    With the prices used rigs are going for now, I think buying new is the way to go. Especially with that pro package, can’t find better deals than that. And even if you don’t use it much and want to sell it in a few years, you will be in pretty good shape with how crazy lightly used boat prices are.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

5. Member
    Thanks for service!. Time to enjoy the new boat and your time. Thanks again enjoy

Wait until you put the first scratch in it

Good luck with your purchase and thank you for your service

7. Member
    Thanks for the assurance guys, all of you have helped ease my mind. Many thanks for service appreciations, but it was just my job, I’m no hero by any means. I tip my hat to those that have served as well!
    USAF, Retired MSgt
    2021 Z19 Pro

8. Banned
    i ordered my z21 pro back on march 19th just got a notice that it shipped today. so hopefully it will be here this week or early next week. cant wait.

9. Member
    I feel you. Ordered one before I sold my boat privately. Waiting for it come in for $65,000 and have my first born on route in the next few days. Definitely understand the nerve factor spending that kind of money on something that I probably won't even have any time to use this year. Daughter will have a nice boat to grow up in though

10. Banned
    I feel the same anxiety about any purchase, small or big, that requires financing. If you want new, get new. If it is everything you ever want in a boat..... buy once, cry once. The anxiety and worry you are feeling probably means you have some good matter between your ears and you are more aware of your finances than most. If you ordered the boat and have this kind of anxiety, you have already figured out that you can afford it. I think you know the answer but just need the reassurance..... congrats on your new boat and welcome to boat ownership. Just don't hit a rock on the first outing and blow a lower unit. That would be where you regret buying new for a first boat.

11. Member
    Worst anxiety I had was driving it home the first day from the dealer. After I got it home in the garage, the anxiety was gone. Finally completed my first 2 hours on the Mercury this morning on my Z20 Pro. Drove like a dream. Worth every penny. Lookie Lou’s couldn’t take their eyes off of it at the ramp and on the freeway. A new bass boat with the first number being a “6” is nothing to have anxiety about!

As for being a novice, perhaps driving a boat with a hot foot and trim lever prior to getting your boat will help for getting out of the whole and reduce porpoising.

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions I can help with. And thanks for you service.

You got this!

12. Member
    Congratulations from one USAF vet(and Z19 Pro guy) to another! You earned, now enjoy it!
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI