Updates? Merc ProXS

My Ranger is currently getting rigged with a new 250 ProXS 2021 250LPXS. 3B040659. It was ordered in Dec and arrived around Feb. I really wanted them to get this rigged in the off season but the shop had other plans I guess. So here I am in the my favorite time of the year to fish with my boat tore down.

I am wanting to avoid the possibility of having issues on the new engine that will be a further setback. I know that there have been some growing pains with this new engine but not sure what updates have been done during Mfg.

Is there a way to find out if there are any service bulletins or updates that need to be done and do them or do I have to wait for a failure? Would at least like to have them order the parts so I am not regretting this decision if it breaks and parts are back ordered....

2. Member
    Three months to repower a Ranger???? What kind of a dealer are you using Yugo ?? That's a two day job at most.
    Last edited by swamprat; 05-11-2021 at 07:41 PM.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I can tell you there are no active bulletins/updates pertinent to your engine's serial number.

Your engine shows that it was built February 5th, and registered February 8th (warranty through 2/8/2024).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    They just started the rigging last Monday. The engine has been sitting in their shop since Feb. Apparently the Bobs jack plate I had them order in November took 6months to get here and was holding things up.

Anybody else have trouble getting Bobs plates? (everything gets blamed on COVID).

Are you saying that my warranty started counting down 3 months ago and the thing hasn’t even been fired up? I would have thought that clock would have started when I took possession. I haven’t even paid the full amount yet, just a down pmt.

5. Member
    Typically the warranty starts when you take possession from the dealer. At least that’s how it’s been with my last two, including the one I just picked up on Saturday.
    76740B06-C03E-4D19-A20F-30D12DD66C0C.jpeg

6. Member
    That's crazy. Built on the Febuary 5th. Registered 3 days later and its May and you've not took ownership of it. Something wrong with that.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Jim- I'm going to suggest you discuss the registration date with your dealer (directly). It does appear that it was registered in February (they would be the ones that can answer why).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Frogger. I am certainly less than impressed with the way this whole thing is going. Everything is Covids fault.

9. Member
    Gets the blame for alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintworx View Post
    Frogger. I am certainly less than impressed with the way this whole thing is going. Everything is Covids fault.