Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    He knelt repeatedly.
    ha ha ha

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    TT is a hell of an athlete with a work ethic to match. He wasted so many years refusing to accept the fact that maybe QB wasn't in the cards for him. He's 33 but has stayed in shape and his body hasn't gone through years of punishment. I hope he makes it, he at least deserves the chance.
    Why exactly does he deserve a chance?

Tebow has been drafted number one wasn’t impressive at all as a starting QB with Denver, didn’t display enough talent as a QB to stick with the Jets, Eagles, Patriots and the Dolphins.

Refused to play any other position than QB while still on an NFL Roster then waits 9 years to make a comeback as a TE tell me why Tebow is more deserving than a player who has honed his skills playing TE his whole HS and College career?

The Myth that Tebow was drummed out of the NFL because of his faith is the biggest hoax out there if you watched any of his games it was evident he didn’t have what it takes to be an NFL QB.

He also got a shot at MLB that he didn’t deserve then had special privileges that his teammates didn’t have then got to hang around way longer than he should have.

He couldn’t hit Triple A Pitching, didn’t hit with any power the few times he didn’t strike out, was a defensive liability in the outfield so being a DH was never an option.

Maybe he deserves a chance on the Elite Tour just think of all the attention he would bring to the sport and surely deserves to live the dream.

3. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post

Tebow has been drafted number one wasn’t impressive at all as a starting QB with Denver, didn’t display enough talent as a QB to stick with the Jets, Eagles, Patriots and the Dolphins.

Refused to play any other position than QB while still on an NFL Roster then waits 9 years to make a comeback as a TE tell me why Tebow is more deserving than a player who has honed his skills playing TE his whole HS and College career?

The Myth that Tebow was drummed out of the NFL because of his faith is the biggest hoax out there if you watched any of his games it was evident he didn’t have what it takes to be an NFL QB.

He also got a shot at MLB that he didn’t deserve then had special privileges that his teammates didn’t have then got to hang around way longer than he should have.

He couldn’t hit Triple A Pitching, didn’t hit with any power the few times he didn’t strike out, was a defensive liability in the outfield so being a DH was never an option.

Maybe he deserves a chance on the Elite Tour just think of all the attention he would bring to the sport and surely deserves to live the dream.
    Simple, he has a chance because he has the physical ability to do so. He will bring skills other TE's won't which will force defenses to adjust, opening other players. Goal line plays are wide open, will be interesting.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

4. Member
    Between Tebow and Brady, I might try a comeback at 59.......well, a "back" since I never even played...

Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Simple, he has a chance because he has the physical ability to do so. He will bring skills other TE's won't which will force defenses to adjust, opening other players. Goal line plays are wide open, will be interesting.
    He's gonna be a gadget guy like Taysom Hill. And there's a value in that for the right team. But will Tebow's ego allow him to do that? That's the real question.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

6. Member
    I'm in; give him the ball.

7. Member
    I think it’s a good signing for the main reason of just bringing good mojo and vibes to the locker room. I would think he has to bring the spirit and attitude up. Hopefully his character is infectious to locker room, which is why I personally think Urb brought him in. A mentor.

8. Member
    Purely a ploy to sell tickets. He has no business being on the field.

9. Member
    Hoot is right,why does he deserve a chance over other 33year old former player? He will sell some jerseys
    Red Sox in 6!

10. Member
    How does one become this big of a Florida State fan in Iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post

Quote Originally Posted by weim hunter View Post
    No just a hater .

Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Well at least you didn’t mention that one playoff win against Pittsburgh thanks for that and the humorous assessment of how he’ll be a Game Changer

Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    No just a hater .
    Tim wouldn’t like you throwing that word around so freely shame on you.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    And just like that the BBC boycott of the NFL is over.

Quote Originally Posted by weim hunter View Post
    Florida State?

Is that the place that had that Grumpy Bitter Old Football Coach who refused to follow the generous graceful exit strategy they arranged with him and was all over ESPN and Fox Sports Bellyaching about it?

Is Florida State giving away any free stuff to attract potential fans?

If I’m going to get proclaimed a fan on a public forum expect some Freebies for generating publicity for them.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    Lots of you still haven’t gotten over the ass whipping the Gators but on your boys .
    Priceless

17. Member
    Wonder if he tried Ultimate Frisbee?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    And just like that the BBC boycott of the NFL is over.
    Funny how that works

Good for him

20. Member
    Personally I liked Tebow as a Collage Player, one of the best for rallying his Team and played with all his heart.

Just didn't have what it took to play QB at the NFL Level. Good, but not great.

If I was a Kid that worked my azz off to make it to the NFL as a TE, just see it get handed to Tebow because of who he is and who the Coach is, well I'd be pissed.

I don't see this as a good move, and I'm a Jags fan. 10 years ago YES, but he wouldn't do it then when several teams wanted him to.

Meyer will learn quickly that Local Love doesn't make it in the NFL. Hope he learns it fast and wins.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast