Active Target Interference

I have been working pretty hard to learn and make Active Target a useful tool, and something just popped in my head. Could I be seeing interference between my Active Target and Active Imaging transducers since both are mounted on my trolling motor? I did a quick search, but didn't find any answers. I am getting decent images, I just wonder if they would be clearer if I stopped pinging that transducer.

Also, will "Stop Sonar" from the side imaging screen on my AI 3in1 stop down and sonar?

2. Member
    Yes to all. It's definitely worth a try. Any extraneous sonar transmissions could be a source for interference.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    I know if you put a live scope and a active target side by side the active target will have interference and the live scope will not.

I'm pretty sure that stopping the 'side image screen' will stop your down and side scan pings, but not the sonar ping. If I recall doing this the last time, my sonar page was still going after I had stopped the side scan. I'd think the sonar would be less of an interference, but couldn't hurt.

5. Member
    Support told me that a 2N1 or 3N1 transducer would cause the pulses you see on your AT screen. You have to stop sonar on the side/downscan screens to clear the pulse lines but I haven’t notice it clear the screen up any for better images and I’m using it with a Live 16. The regular 2D doesn’t affect it so it doesn’t have to be stopped.