New Unit Install question, thx

I'm lucky to have on order a 2021 Phoenix PHX and I will be putting a 1243 on the console and a 1243 at the bow along with black box and livescope for the front unit.

Does everyone wire direct to the battery? I've had some people tell me Phoenix's wiring system is quality enough to hook into and not go direct. Thoughts appreciated.

It's possible I guess. I'd ask in the Phoenix forum how it has worked out anything less than 100% reviews it's to easy not to run new wire.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

It's times like this I feel stupid ^^^ haha.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    Depends on how Phoenix does their wiring. If they already have a dedicated run of large gauge wire specifically for graphs then you should be good.

For instance BassCat has 6ga wire run strait from battery to the console connected to a terminal block, and then 10ga from the block to the bow. This is specifically for graphs nothing else is wired into it.

If they don't do it this way I would want it wired direct.

I did however still run my own dedicated run of 8ga wire from the battery to the bow just for livescope since I already have 3 other units connected to the BassCat factory harness.