Lowrance Elite 5 depth charts

Hi, I bought a new boat this spring and it came with a lowrance elite 5. The previous owner purchased navionics maps and they are on the SD card that came with it. However, when im out using the boat and I use the navigation, it doesn't seem to load any of the maps. I've selected the appropriate map sets in settings, but when I zoom in any closer than 2miles I just see a blank screen. Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmichel99 View Post
    Hi, I bought a new boat this spring and it came with a lowrance elite 5. The previous owner purchased navionics maps and they are on the SD card that came with it. However, when im out using the boat and I use the navigation, it doesn't seem to load any of the maps. I've selected the appropriate map sets in settings, but when I zoom in any closer than 2miles I just see a blank screen. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Just because you have a mapping card, it does not mean all lakes have that level of detail included. You may be on a body of water that doesn't have a detailed map on that card. Take the card out and see if the built in charts in the unit have that lake on it and to what detail is there.