Dogwood at Glendale

Has anyone been to Dogwood Lake recently and could give me an idea on how the bass fishing is? I haven’t been in several years and I’m thinking of taking my girlfriend this weekend.
    Thanks!

I haven't been this year, but I went a couple times last year. I caught a lot of small bass 10-14" and occasionally a 2 pounder.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

I used to love that lake, always good crankbait bite for me. Sadly haven’t been in a few years.

4. Member
    There isn’t even a dogwood USA Bass division on dogwood this year. DNR is kinda letting the lake go to weeds as a lot of the bays are choked full of weeds. It’s also fished heavy by Amish and camper fishermen from campgrounds. It’s not what it used to be but you can still catch fish as you just have to work alittle harder at it.

Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    There isn’t even a dogwood USA Bass division on dogwood this year. DNR is kinda letting the lake go to weeds as a lot of the bays are choked full of weeds. It’s also fished heavy by Amish and camper fishermen from campgrounds. It’s not what it used to be but you can still catch fish as you just have to work alittle harder at it.
    When I lived down there in the 90's it had a lot of weeds, we used to hit the area around the boat launch with crankbaits alot. Had some 100 fish days down there. Been 5 years or so since I've been. Never was about big fish, but was always a fun lake to fish. Of course in the 90's it was a tough lake to navigate.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

6. Member
    I fish there often. The bass fishing is the best it's been in years! You just have to move out to a little deeper water, fish jigs and big worms. It's a rare trip when I can't get 5 legal bass. It's now a 14" size limit. I had several days there last year when my 5 best would have been 15 pound or more, I haven't found many big bass yet this year though.

Quote Originally Posted by doddauto View Post
    I fish there often. The bass fishing is the best it's been in years! You just have to move out to a little deeper water, fish jigs and big worms. It's a rare trip when I can't get 5 legal bass. It's now a 14" size limit. I had several days there last year when my 5 best would have been 15 pound or more, I haven't found many big bass yet this year though.
    Is it correct that a person can run a 250 HP engine as long as you idle or is it trolling motor and 10HP only?
    Rob Campbell - (2015) 21 Skeeter Fxi

Quote Originally Posted by RealtorRob View Post
    Is it correct that a person can run a 250 HP engine as long as you idle or is it trolling motor and 10HP only?
    No hp limit, 10 mph speed limit. Slow idle is as fast as you will want to go.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by ss View Post
    No hp limit, 10 mph speed limit. Slow idle is as fast as you will want to go.
    What he said. Lots of standing timber broken off just below the water line.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1234 View Post
    LOTS ....

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1234 View Post
    Is visibility far enough that you can see them or are they more or less "mines" laying there waiting for you to run up on??
    "Absence of Evidence does not mean Evidence of Absence."
    - Dr. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by BackLash625 View Post
    Is visibility far enough that you can see them or are they more or less "mines" laying there waiting for you to run up on??
    You can see some BUT allot are just under the surface waiting for the Boom
    SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke

13. Member
    Stumps are definitely everywhere waiting on some nice gel coat, the tops are a bit soft so it may not gouge your boat if you bump one. We must have caught a fish per minute one day last summer, but they were all around 10 inches. Biggest one might have went 1.5 pounds. Side note: It’s the only lake I’ve ever fallen into. We trolled into a stump and stopped hard. I must have balanced on the gunnel for what seemed like 10 seconds standing on one foot swinging my arms for balance before I finally went in. Still remember coming out of the water and my old college buddy and fishing partner laughing his ass off. My pride is still bruised, and that was almost 25 years ago.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayak View Post
    Stumps are definitely everywhere waiting on some nice gel coat, the tops are a bit soft so it may not gouge your boat if you bump one.
    Sounds like it could be a problem with a small HP motor then?? Enough power to get you on top of one but not enough to get you off of one..
    "Absence of Evidence does not mean Evidence of Absence."
    - Dr. Carl Sagan

15. Member
    I went down for the first time about 4-5 years ago. We took a jet that I owned at the time , caught mostly small fish. I would never put a prop boat on that water.

16. Member
    anybody been there lately ? Thinkin bout trying it .. and lure suggestions ?? ...a buddy of mine said this about Dogwood .... "theres lakes with alot of trees , this place is a forest with water "

I went there this past weekend and the water was dirty then I've seen it. Only about 1 foot of visibility. The bite was slow all day but we did manage a 17 inch and 18 inch off the same laydown.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

18. Member
    I went down last weekend... yes dirty water for sure .... I caught 7-8 but only 1 over 14".... same stumpy mine field as I remembered ..wont go back ...