Broken prop shaft housing 200DF

I took my motor to the dealer when I broke it last year a 175DF, 2006 model. Bought a new 2020 200DF had it installed. When I went to the dealer initially with the broken 175 motor I took the prop off, but forgot to take the thrust washer off, and it fell off and was lost. Anyhow, I asked for a thrust washer and they gave me one that didn't look like mine, said it was a "line cutter" and it was OK to use.

Last week I had a friend try to load my boat at a really bad ramp, he trimmed the motor to full up horizontal ( which one should never do, the dealer didn't set the up limit properly) and the shift cable broke. I changed the shift cable, a rotten job on a bass boat, and when I was done I saw a little piece of (@#%$#@#$BRAID) hanging on the prop. I took the prop off and found some more braid, but not much and removed it but THEN I noticed a crack in line with the prop, and a radial crack half way around the propshaft housing just outside of the seals. I don't know how to load pictures, sorry.

As an observation, I will not use a line cutter thrust washer again once I change the seal housing, which the dealer ordered Saturday. I think I'd rather change seals than the housing.

2. Member
    It seemed odd to not have a snap ring outside the seals. Upon further examination today I found there is only one seal and although there is a snap ring groove, there is no snap ring. When I removed the prop for the first time there was no seal there, and (of course) it still ain't there. How the hell did it get gone and not be around the prop shaft?

3. Member
    Not sure.

Does this exploded view help?

https://www.boats.net/catalog/suzuki...-df150t-df175t

4. Member
    Turns out ( the mechanic says ) there is no snap ring required and both seals are still in the unit. Very curious to me. If that's the case the damage is cosmetic but cracks never get any smaller. I took the L/U to the shop and they have the part hope they are quick, accurate and not expensive. I may need to go to war with Suzuki on who pays for this.

5. Member
    I'm now the proud owner of two prop shaft housings one with cracks one without. I'm also out $600+. I'll let you know if I make any progress with warranty.