Thread: 721 big water

721 big water

Hows the 721 while up front in big waves? I dont run hard when its rough, but more concerned with taking waves over the bow while standing up front on the tm. I have read that it is good at keeping the nose up while navigating big water. Any input? Tia

2. Member
    I've been in 4+ footers up at the front of my 721 and it stays amazingly dry. You'll get an occasional wave over the bow if they're far apart and/or if you're spotlocked into them. That being said, I wouldn't hesitate to take it in they nasty stuff.

2022 21PHX

Previous boats:
    2017 Phoenix 721 ProXP
    2000 Triton TR186

Good info. Thanks for the reply

4. Smallmouth Junkie!
    I run St. Clair in mine all the time and have never had a problem. My 721 handles anything I am willing to go into. The ride is outstanding.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

Thanks, pretty much what i wanted to hear guys
    Much appreciated

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoney View Post
    I've been in 4+ footers up at the front of my 721 and it stays amazingly dry. You'll get an occasional wave over the bow if they're far apart and/or if you're spotlocked into them. That being said, I wouldn't hesitate to take it in they nasty stuff.
    ^^^ Ditto
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

7. Member
    Takes them pretty well over the front. Some big cruiser waves (5-6') at LOZ will put water over the front, but honestly not as much as you would think. I don't think there's a boat out there that can withstand 50-60' cruisers plowing water though. Lake Ontario had some waves coming over the front at times, but the same goes with any bass boat out there. It seems like water comes over the back deck much easier than my old Ranger though, Phoenix in general sits much lower in the back. This is only an issue with large boat waves in line with the back, or backing up into waves.

8. Member
    All of the compliments Phoenix receives about the quality of the ride in rough water has me considering them. I know the PHX I supposed to be the best ride in rough water but it sounds like all of them handle it well.