ZMan Razor Shad on Chatterbait rigging question

I like using the ZMan razor shadz on the Jackhammer, but it seems it’s hard to get the fat head to stay up on the collar. I was thinking a tiny hole saw would be perfect to cut out a small hole so the Elaztexh didn’t push it back down. What are you doing when you rig these?

Pull top and bottom of the head over the barbs, dont push it.
    See tip #2. You dont need superglue .

Great bait! I think they have better action than a Zako

3. Scraps
    The pulling on the material is just counterintuitive compared to how normal plastics are used. But it works. They make some great baits.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

4. Member
    Thanks for the advice. I'll try it this week.

5. Member
    Thanks, great video!

6. Member
    Man i have tried using elaztech ---just cant seem to get it on there right. Ya i saw video , for life of me cant get the turd on the mushroom head straight . oh well
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    Man i have tried using elaztech ---just cant seem to get it on there right. Ya i saw video , for life of me cant get the turd on the mushroom head straight . oh well
    Honestly we care about perfect rigging on a Ned rig more than the fish. If you seen some of the ugly baits Ned and us locals have thrown, you'd shake your head. With the half-ZinkerZ, we often flip the skinny end for the fat end when it gets worn ragged. Very difficult to rig the skinny end straight. Some days they would eat it better rigged that way.
    It's pretty easy to rig the Finesse TRD straight on a small jighead like that. Just mark where your hook comes out (I make a small tear with the hookpoint,) then rig so hook comes out at the tear.