Ultrex transducer cable - repair

can you just splice the transducer cable back together? mine got caught up in the bracket this weekend and split in two, never spliced one of these and didn't know if anything special had to or could be done to repair. Figured it was not a repairable cable given what the inside looks like. any ideas?

2. Member
    Where is it damaged at? Is it the us2 cable or a external transducer cable? A lot of them can be repaired but if it’s damaged under the water line it’s a 50/50 crap shoot if it will wrk for very long.

3. Member
    About 6 inches from where it exits the upper head unit - so perfect spot honestly for it to be spliced. Looks like a coated four cable (black/brown/yellow/red) just feels like very thin wire for an ideal splice job. Anyone know if there’s a connection in the ultrex anywhere? Or is it solid cable all the way to unit? Can’t remember from install.

4. Member
    There is a connector inside the head. Remove the four screws from the bottom of the head and the top cover comes off.
    I actually removed my cable since I’m not using it. I did route the cable that comes up from the transducer out of the head and put a rubber cap on the connector so it would be easily accessible. If I need to use the Built in transducer I won’t have to open the head back up to reconnect it.

5. Member
    The extension cable is cut. Easily replaced by removing the head cove unscrewing the connector and adding the new extension. Route the cable through the coil cable and follow the harness from the steering module to the foot pedal. If you are not using the US2 then just remove the cable and cap the end of the transducer wire with tape.