Lowrance Ghost to Carbon to NMEA

I have also posted in the Trolling Motor forum but searched and cannot find the answer.

Just ordered a new Ghost TM and will be hooking to a Carbon 12. I noticed the Ghost comes with a T for NEMA connection but not sure if any other cables or connectors are needed to complete the install. My backbone is at the driver console and would prefer not having to run the T all of the way back...

Does the T have to be hooked into the backbone or can it simply be attached to
    the existing T that is currently running to Carbon Unit?
    Last edited by GoHogs; 05-09-2021 at 04:54 PM.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    You can hook it anywhere in the system. I have 2 tees at the bow of mine for the Ghost and my 9" screen.
    So yes you can hook it to the tee at your carbon.

3. Member
    So you have all your Ts under the console and ran a 15' extension from one of them up to the Carbon? If that is so, now you understand why some of us are sticklers for installing proper networks. You must install the Ghost T into either a backbone extension (which you are using for your Carbon) or connect it to another T. To be fully expandable you should only connect 2' drop cables to the bottoms of Ts. The ends of Ts should contain either a backbone extension, a terminator, or another T. Since you already have a cable run, it's just a matter of configuration. Remove the T that has the Carbon cable. Connect that to the end of the last T under your console. Go to the bow. Disconnect the Carbon and install the T where the Carbon was. Add the Ghost T to the other end and replace the Terminator. Then you need a 2' drop cable to go from the Carbon T to the Carbon unit. It really needs to look like this

Term-Ghost T-Carbon T------15' extension--------Console T-Power T-----whatever else you have-Term

If I misunderstood and you do already have a T for the Carbon at the bow, just remove the Terminator, add the Ghost T replace the Terminator and your done.
    NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

4. Member
    Thanks guys.

I actually already have a T at the front that the Carbon is connected to. So to clarify, simply connect the Ghost T to the existing T and put a terminator on the end of the Ghost T?

One last question. The current T that the Carbon is hooked to on the bow doesn’t have a terminator on the end of it. Everything seems to work correctly but I assume it was missed when the boat was initially rigged... I need to get a terminator and install to close the line?

5. Member
    You got it! Connect the new T and add the terminator. To be thorough check the other end and make sure it has a terminator too! You will love the Ghost.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

6. Member
    Perfect and thank you!!!