Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Member
    Depending on how long the idle zone is at your ramp you could be getting bad info trying to read the plugs. Best way is to do as I posted earlier. Make a WOT run long enough to clean the plugs from all the idling - especially all the hose time. Then at WOT get as close to the ramp area as possible and pull the kill switch. Get back to the ramp on the trolling motor and hand load on the trailer. Then pull the plugs and look at them. Chances are they'll tell a different story than what they're telling now.

2. Member
    Gotcha,the no wake zone is roughly a 1/4 mile but I'll pick the next rainy day and blow the no wake and shut it down right at the ramp,but I'm not following all the talk about the motor not being right,the motor runs perfect never skips a beat,couldn't it be that I just need the proper prop? All this talk about a bad motor is depressing the hell out of me

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1pabassman View Post
    Gotcha,the no wake zone is roughly a 1/4 mile but I'll pick the next rainy day and blow the no wake and shut it down right at the ramp,but I'm not following all the talk about the motor not being right,the motor runs perfect never skips a beat,couldn't it be that I just need the proper prop? All this talk about a bad motor is depressing the hell out of me
    After reading a bunch of your previous threads going back to when you bought this boat, I am thinking your foam in the boat is water logged. There is no possible way to dry out water intrusion into the foam without removing the cap and removing all of the foam in the boat. I sincerely hope I'm wrong! Good luck, cant wait to hear what's actually going on here.

4. Member
    Actually it is not water logged,I had pulled the floor up in the back 2 compartments when I got the boat and they were dry no water at all,, I still think it's the prop,here is why,prior to this motor I had a 175hp efi and I ran 63 with the same load,so I am convinced it is the prop an set up. How did you read post from 2 yr ago?I never posted anything about this boat you have me confused with another person.

5. Member
    Actually it is not water logged,I had pulled the floor up in the back 2 compartments when I got the boat and they were dry no water at all,, I still think it's the prop,here is why,prior to this motor I had a 175hp efi and I ran 63 with the same load,so I am convinced it is the prop an set up. How did you read post from 2 yr ago?I never posted anything about this boat you have me confused with another person.
    Easy, click on a persons user name and then select view latest started posts or latest started threads.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....279&highlight=

6. Member
    This is what you posted back in April 2020

"Confirmed my suspicions today I cut a section 3ft by 2ft out of the oil tank compartment ,the top 1 1/2inch and 1 inch of the bottom foam was wet an the middle was dry confirming this was wet due to not putting the plug in,I dug it out,gonna dry it for 2 days and foam backbone and plywood and fiberglass back together"
    Last edited by castforcash; 05-14-2021 at 06:55 AM.

7. Member
    Playing around with prop slip calculator...

On the data you provided initially with the 23p@5100 it's showing 25% slip, with the 25p @4100=20% slip, and the 24p @4200=15% slip. The problem with all those slip numbers is at those speeds you have a ton of hull still in the water creating drag which creates slip. Just as an exercise I entered data for a 17p prop. When I'm working with a prop calculator I add 1" to the prop pitch to account for cupping. Not doing that will give you some really good, but dubious, slip numbers.

So with a 18p(17p+11) prop, 1.75 gear ratio, 5800 rpm's, and figuring 15% slip max theoretical speed is 48mph - is that what you're looking for?

Leave everything the same but slip.

18p prop, 1.75 gear ratio, 5800 rpm, 20% slip max theoretical speed = 45 mph(enter 17p prop vs 18p and max speed drops to 43 mph)

18p prop, 1.75 gear ratio, 5800 rpms, 25% slip max theoretical speed = 42 mph (enter 17p prop vs 18p and max speed drops to 40 mph)

18p prop, 1.75 gear ratio, 5800 rpms, 10% slip max theoretical speed = 51 mph(enter 17p prop vs 18p and max speed drops to 48 mph)

8. Member
    Yeah that was all pulled out and replaced 2 years ago,there isnt a drop of wetness in this boat, I had the boat on the scale 2 wk ago and the weight was under the registration weight ,so water is not the issue,where did you get that did you save it .??lol

9. Member
    Yeah that was all pulled out and replaced 2 years ago,there isnt a drop of wetness in this boat, I had the boat on the scale 2 wk ago and the weight was under the registration weight ,so water is not the issue,where did you get that did you save it .??lol
    I clicked on your user name and looked at your old threads and posts relating to this boat trying to find more info so as to help you. I hope you get it figured out.

10. Member
    So what are you saying there is no prop out there that will work?? I need a prop that's gonna give me the speed?, something you guys forget I posted all 3 of these props are not the correct prop for this motor! I didnt know this till I looked into them the diamond on these props are only 12 1/2, they are for 135hp an under so I got all the wrong info out to ya,look last year I had a 1999 efi 175hp that ran my boat 63 mph full tournament load, so my boat is not wet, I just need the right prop suggestion .

11. Member
    24 FURY / 25 TEMPEST there ya go
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

12. Member
    Dam you learn something everyday lol the wife keeps saying get with the times,but no the boat is not wet because I left the compartments open after redoing all the foam for months and when I pulled the floor again the foam was perfectly dry,we also ran cameras up the side and under the floor in between the stringers and not a drop of wetness or no rotten stringers

13. Member
    My buddy has a 24 p enirtia prop will that be the same he runs it on a 250hp merc

14. Member
    So what are you saying there is no prop out there that will work?? I need a prop that's gonna give me the speed?, something you guys forget I posted all 3 of these props are not the correct prop for this motor! I didnt know this till I looked into them the diamond on these props are only 12 1/2, they are for 135hp an under so I got all the wrong info out to ya,look last year I had a 1999 efi 175hp that ran my boat 63 mph full tournament load, so my boat is not wet, I just need the right prop suggestion .
    You ain't running 63 mph with a 17p prop - Gar'on'teed!

15. Member
    find you one of those 2 i spoke of /known good ones not some junk go run it/ also what changed on boat from NOV 2020 post#3 " boat ran fine" ?????
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    You ain't running 63 mph with a 17p prop - Gar'on'teed!
    nope sho aint

17. Member
    How do I delete old posts

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    spun sleeve
    I've seen it happen.....true possibilty!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    Maybe post a pic of the boat too so we can see where the motor is mounted.
    Excellent idea

Have you tried posting in the astro / procraft forum to see how folks with similar rigs are set up? Could give you a good baseline to start with.

http://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=46

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast