Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Propless Bank Trash

Oh woe is me! Sold the Tempest 25P I used on my old 2-stroke cause it was too much prop for my new 4-stroke. Bought a Tempest 23P but didn't like it. Borrowed a 23 Fury 3 to test from a buddy and loved it but had to return it since it was his main prop. Ordered a new 23 Fury 3 from my Ranger/Mercury dealer and then found out Merc had shut down the factory for "retooling" and nobody knows for how long. Then I traded my Tempest 23P to a guy up north for a 23 Fury 3. Had him ship it to Mark Croxton so he could B&B it.

Been waiting over a month for the prop from Mercury. God knows when I'll get it. Supposed to be some improvements to it so I guess it's worth the wait. Mark finished my prop and shipped it last Thu via UPS. Should be here this coming week. Soooo, I'm mostly propless bank trash until one or the other comes in and I get my rig back on the water. Only 9 hrs on the motor. Of course, this happens during prime time spring fishing even though we've had so much rain. Did fish with a couple buddies a few times. I just know there's another 7# bass out there with my name on it if I could just get out there again

Well dang. I’ll be up there all next week fishing by myself if you want to go.
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apdriver View Post
    Well dang. I’ll be up there all next week fishing by myself if you want to go.
    Yesterday I borrowed a buddy's spare 24 Fury 3 prop until my 23 Fury 3 comes in from Mark Croxton later this week.

Should be tough fishing this coming week as 1 - rain is expected on Tue, 2- rising high water and 3 - finding a place to launch is difficult. Where do you plan on putting in?

Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    Yesterday I borrowed a buddy's spare 24 Fury 3 prop until my 23 Fury 3 comes in from Mark Croxton later this week.

Should be tough fishing this coming week as 1 - rain is expected on Tue, 2- rising high water and 3 - finding a place to launch is difficult. Where do you plan on putting in?
    I haven’t decided yet. Staying in a VRBO in Lakeview starting tomorrow thru tue. Next week. Hopefully I can chase down a few fish.
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

North End of Beautiful Norfork Lake...MO/AR Border
    Jim, have you tried a Bravo 1 FS at all, 4 blade made for 4 strokes ?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerbobber View Post
    Jim, have you tried a Bravo 1 FS at all, 4 blade made for 4 strokes ?
    No I haven't Mike. I have a friend who uses them on his boat and he has a bunch of them. He said I could borrow one. But he runs a Bullet and they are mostly 27, 28 and 29 pitch

No I haven't Mike. I have a friend who uses them on his boat and he has a bunch of them. He said I could borrow one. But he runs a Bullet and they are mostly 27, 28 and 29 pitch
    I have a 23p you are welcome to try

8. Member
    I have a 23p you are welcome to try
    Might take you up on that. I'd like to see how well it performs against a Fury. If I really like it, I could sell one of my Fury's and get me one.

Being propless bank trash isn't all bad. Hooked me a nice fish this morning from the bank.
    07C8F50E-6F20-4BC0-B90F-57F401E0ECFD.jpeg

No life jacket, shame on you....Let me know when you're going to be in Mtn Home some day and I will meet you there, I'm there quite a bit, been doctoring on my back

10. Member
    No life jacket, shame on you....Let me know when you're going to be in Mtn Home some day and I will meet you there, I'm there quite a bit, been doctoring on my back
    Will do Mike. Thanks!

11. Member
    Mike, you have a hub in that prop and is it for a 1.25" fat shaft?

12. Member
    Mike, you have a hub in that prop and is it for a 1.25" fat shaft?
    Guess I'll have to look at it to be sure. Main issue is that it is a 1.25" fat shaft for a 4-stroke motor. Maybe sometime next week I'll make a trip to Mt. Home. I'll give you a heads up next week.

I run it on a Yamaha, you will need your own hub and washers, one of your fury hubs should work, I think

That shouldn't matter as far as the prop goes, they are all the same, I think, let me know

15. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    How's the prop doing ? Now that you are on the water again.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

16. Member
    It's OK. Guess I had one two many PVS plugs in yesterday. Hole shot wasn't that good. Had two in, should've had just one. Next time out should be better. If not, it's going back to Mark Croxton.