Trophy Plus vs Fury 4

For those that have ran both what is your opinion. I’ve been running Trophies for years and never ran Fury 4 but did try a Fury 3 and it didn’t run as well as my Trophy but I didn’t tinker with set up.

2. mikesxpress
    The Fury 4 has issues with throwing blades. Do a search on here for details.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    The Fury 4 has issues with throwing blades. Do a search on here for details.
    I was told that Mercury has corrected this problem. Does anyone know if this is true?

4. Member
    My experience: No issues with my 25P Fury 4. Been running it for 2 years....bought it NIB from BassCat. My Triton did not care for a 25P Trophy Plus I tested....but it limes the Fury 4.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

5. Member
    Tried alot of props on my Honda bf225, it likes the fury 4 24p the best. Haven't tried a trophy. But 2 yrs on the fury, no problems.

6. Member
    I have 24 Fury 4 and a 25 Trophy Plus.
    I had the Fury worked by Ronnie Gilbert due to it getting on the Rev limiter.

Both Props run great on my PII with the Merc 200 2 stroke.
    -The Fury is slightly quicker out the hole and has better bottom end acceleration. It also holds the bow up better at lower speeds.
    Best speed: Live wells empty, full tournament load, Full fuel. 70.2 mph.

-The Trophy handles better (wide and tight turns, more stern lift in the chop) Better midrange acceleration.
    Best Speed: Live wells empty, full tournament load, Full fuel. 72.8 mph.

The Trophy is my go to prop. The slight difference in hole shot is minimal, and the overall driving experience is better.
    I may have Ronnie G do a little work on it for a bit more low speed bow lift.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    I have 24 Fury 4 and a 25 Trophy Plus.
    I had the Fury worked by Ronnie Gilbert due to it getting on the Rev limiter.

Both Props run great on my PII with the Merc 200 2 stroke.
    -The Fury is slightly quicker out the hole and has better bottom end acceleration. It also holds the bow up better at lower speeds.
    Best speed: Live wells empty, full tournament load, Full fuel. 70.2 mph.

-The Trophy handles better (wide and tight turns, more stern lift in the chop) Better midrange acceleration.
    Best Speed: Live wells empty, full tournament load, Full fuel. 72.8 mph.

The Trophy is my go to prop. The slight difference in hole shot is minimal, and the overall driving experience is better.
    I may have Ronnie G do a little work on it for a bit more low speed bow lift.

Don
    Good information, that’s kinda what I figured but a lot of people say the Fury is better prop than the Trophy Plus but the Trophy has performed well on my Xpress with the 2 stroke. I’d like to try a Fury 4 just to see how it would run.

8. Member
    Thanks for the replies. I’m leaning towards the Trophy’s run a little better than the Fury on lighter boats and the Fury handles the loaded heavy boats better but I’d still like to try a Fury 4 but I’m not gonna buy one just to try it and dealerships in my area will not loan them period.

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Have had 2 fury 4s both b and b by croxton. Never slung a blade. Great holeshot, stern lift. Like any 4 blade lil slower bout -3 mph compared to fury 3 same pitch.

10. Member
    Has anyone had a Vensura worked for a bass boat or is that too much to ask?

Had a fury 4, worked by Ronnie G, ran great till it turned into a 3 1/2 blade. Now running a Croxton Razor 4XL
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Homan View Post
    Had a fury 4, worked by Ronnie G, ran great till it turned into a 3 1/2 blade. Now running a Croxton Razor 4XL
    Did you have to change pitch from Fury to Razor?

13. Member
    If your wanting to run a fury 4 blade don’t bother after throwing a blade on two different props no more. Try the pro Max’s it won’t throw blades and it’s fast n has good lift but you work it they run better I’ve got two 24 1/2 and 25 1/2 were a dealer n coast is about 900 but there good props