Thread: Raccoon Lake

Raccoon Lake

Heading to Raccoon Lake for 3 days of camping and some bass fishing this coming week. This will our first time at this lake. Does anyone know if the lake is up to summer pool yet? How's the fishing been? Just purchase a Slide in Truck Camper and plan on hitting the state parks this year and this will be our first stop. Any suggestions on other state parks for camping and Bass fishing? Thanks in advance, tight lines to all.
    Veteran 82nd Airborne Division " ALL THE WAY "

2. Member
    I have no idea how the bite is right now but the lake level is down 1.6' from normal pool. This rain we are getting may change that.
    https://www.lrl-wc.usace.army.mil/reports/lkreport.html
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

Thanks M-D. Heading that way Thursday - Sunday. Looks to be a full house at the campground. Only 3 spots left to reserve. Tight Lines.

4. Member
    Shakamak, Starve Hollow, Paynetown (Monroe), West Boggs all have lakes

I’d pick shakamak or green Sullivan personally

Thanks for the suggestions. Been going down to Green Sullivan for 35 years for fishing and deer hunting. My buddy has 3 cabins in Dugger. We hit Bass Lake a lot but the muskies have just about took over the lake. Went to Turtle Creek last August and had 17 in the 2 to 3 pound range but no keepers. It seems to be making a come back and didn't find any weed beds. Been looking at West Boggs, Cagles Mill, Heritage, Mill Creek, Muskegon Lake just to name a few. Thanks, Tight Line To All.