Thread: Keuka Lake

Keuka Lake

I'm heading up next weekend. Does anybody have the 411 on water temp and how the spawn(s) are going. It's only my second trip to this lake and the last one was not great, so any help is appreciated.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

2. Member
    I don't know what Keuka water temp is, but I was on Waneta/Lamoka, just a few miles away from Keuka, yesterday and water temps there were 54-55 and it was snowing like mad on the ride home.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    I don't know what Keuka water temp is, but I was on Waneta/Lamoka, just a few miles away from Keuka, yesterday and water temps there were 54-55 and it was snowing like mad on the ride home.
    I was thinking of hitting Waneta if it gets rough or fishing is slow. How did you do?
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    dam thats warm.. warmest ive heard yet

5. Member
    Warmest I’ve heard too.. last time I was out I saw 46-49 main lake temps and 51 backwater temps. Granted it’s wasn’t Keuka and were usually colder than western NY but it’s was a much smaller and shallower lake than what keuka is.

to the OP, the spawn in NY varies but typically you don’t see a good push until end of May to beginning of June so I don’t think people will have to much info on this years spawn for a couple more weeks. It’s been cold up here especially at night so I’d lean more towards June unless we get a wicked warm front like in Early April
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zaprod71 View Post
    I was thinking of hitting Waneta if it gets rough or fishing is slow. How did you do?
    We started on Waneta and caught several fish from under docks. Many docks are in already. Around noon, we decided to head down to Lamoka, to see what the water temp was like down there. We've experienced many springs where the water back in some of the shallow coves on Lamoka were 10° warmer than the main lake, but not this year. We did catch a few nice bass on the deep outside weed edge on Lamoka, but mostly couldn't keep the pickerel off. What's very weird is that the water level on Waneta is high, but Lamoka appears to be low. Beware if you decide to head down to Lamoka, the last 100 yards of the channel gets down to 1.2'-1.4'. I hade my jack plate raised all the way and the prop sucking air to make it through.

Also, muskies were cruising. We saw multiple 40"+ fish. Saw two just hanging out in the shallow grass at the northern end of Waneta. Had a monster swipe at a lure next to the boat on Lamoka.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.