Ranger z518 Power Poles

So i have a 2016 Ranger z518 with a 150 merc 4s and no jackplate. I'm tired of fighting with the wind and deciding to bite the bullet and get some poles, Do i need to get a jackplate? if so any recommendations as i dont really know much about the techincals of it. Also where can i find some green ones to match the green fusion color scheme?
    Thanks in advance
    2016 Ranger z518
    Merc 150 fourstroke

2. Member
    You don't need a jackplate but I would recommend getting one, it just makes the install so much easier versus running sandwich mounts. My boat came with a slidemaster and I believe is what comes on most Rangers when ordered as an add on from the factory. You will also enjoy the ability to dial in your PTP to get the most out of your boat.
    2017 Ranger 518 w/ Evinrude 150HO G2

^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by cwalsh View Post
    You don't need a jackplate but I would recommend getting one, it just makes the install so much easier versus running sandwich mounts. My boat came with a slidemaster and I believe is what comes on most Rangers when ordered as an add on from the factory. You will also enjoy the ability to dial in your PTP to get the most out of your boat.
    This...
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

5. Member
    Get a Jack plate if you want one. Isn't going to make the install any easier as you still have to pull motor either way. Either installing poles or installing Jack plate. . I do think the poles require a different bracket. Pending transom design whether mounting to Jack plate or not. So you probably need to decide.

I had sandwich mount with my 1st power pole, then got jackplate and installed blades. Cost was the same at Ranger Dealer to install sandwich plates as was for installing jackplate .they charged me 1 hour labor. I like having the jackplate.
    2001 Ranger 520DVX 225 mercury

HHC 14TH ENGINEERS COMBAT HEAVY
    FT.ORD ,CA
    US ARMY