Livescope image question

I dont have screenshot and the boat is at the lake but I have to ask. I have our unit (echomap 93uhd) and livescope on it's own circuit, it gets good juice and its shooting 70' out, mounted on the trolling motor head. The image seems weird though, the image from the beams shooting down and the middle beam are clear but the forward beam has a bunch of static like the gain is way up. I do run the gain high but it seems to stay that way even when I play with the gain. I've played with the color gain, tvg, color palette, everything. I can see my lure when it gets to about 50' but I feel like if I could clear up the image I could see a lot more. I dont know when I will get back to get a screen shot but I will post one if I remember to take one. Is what I'm experiencing sound normal?

2. Member
    Mine is pretty 'fuzzy' out at and past 70 feet as well, and its not real gradual. Its clear....then fuzzy, changing around the 50 foot mark if I remember. I haven't really tried finding a lure at 70' but by 45-50' I can usually see a regular sized crankbait. Some days / lakes are better than others. I figured it had to do with the expanding cone angle at that distance the unit has a hard time rendering all the returns on a 2d screen.

The TVG will lower the gain closer to the transducer while keeping it higher farther out (i.e. gain varies with time from transducer), so that usually clears up the upper left hand side of screen. The overall gain setting would be the one to use to adjust the distal view.

I have a 93 as well.

3. Member
    Mine gets fuzzy right at the line of the forward beam and stays the same all the way out. I didnt see much change with the tvg. I just think it's weird the 2 other beams are perfectly clear but that 3rd beam is full of static. It could be normal but I dont remember seeing screens like that on the videos or images. It works fine from a standpoint of seeing what's out there.