1989 364V Fortrex mounting

Hello everyone. Fairly new here and looking for knowledge. I’m mounting an 80# Fortrex 45” on my older ranger. I’ve dun searches and read folks discuss different mounting options but what are the best mounting brackets to use for this. Currently the old holes will line up just fine all six of them. But as I’ve read the nose of the TM hangs off the bow by a couple inches. As of now I don’t know that I’ll have any issues but I want to avoid finding out the hard way. So I guess my question is, will this be an issue and what benefits will I see if I use a special mounting bracket? If anyone has this boat setup pics would be awesome. TIA

2. Member
    It’s not exactly the same but we put a Terrova on a 1988 393. I was worried about it overhanging too so we got the special sliding bracket Minn Kota makes off eBay or on here. We bought a piece of aluminum plate and mounted it under the gunwale to provide support for it and to help protect the fiberglass and thank the Good Lord, it came out pretty well. We can take it off the boat if need be and keep it in the closed position when trailering and extended when out fishing. We slide it closed when loading the boat on the trailer to get the motor more out of the way. Check it out, should be on Minn Kota’s site for the mount

3. Member
    Ok ill look it up. Thank you for the info.