Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    my charger 22 foot will stay on plane at 17-18 and 0 porpoising .I have pulled the kids on ski,tubes,wake boards you name it.Some people have never owned a different brand and they think a problem is normal

Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    Most Skeeters will porpoise at low speed for a few reasons, trimmed too high, lot of weight in the back of the boat, not giving it enough gas to stay on plane. I've had three Skeeters now and I love the ride. I'm not going to say they are the best rough water boat but if you have experience in rough water they do fine. Of course the bigger the boat the better. The best thing about a Skeeter is that at any speed you can take your hands off the wheel and that boat will track straight and true. They are very easy too drive and don't take a lot of driver input, just press the gas and go.

I have had a bunch of different Skeeters and I can say without question that my ZXR20 takes driver input to get the most out of it. It's different Skeeter.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Slayer1 View Post
    I am in the market for a new bass boat. I was set on purchasing a Skeeter FXR21 because the dealer's customer service has been exceptional on my current boat (different brand/entry level boat). However, when I started doing research on the Skeeter FXR21, I watched a video of a professional fisherman reviewing the FXR21 (and, many others). He talked about the FXR21 porpoising at low speeds. He said it takes the boat a long to hit plane. And, he advised about the boat being hard to handle for an inexperienced boater on rough waters because it was hard to keep the nose down. While I am not inexperienced, I am also not very experienced. I have owned a boat for four years this June and avoid rough water situations. I was hoping a 21 foot boat that is heavier than my current aluminum boat would help me get out there a little more.

Anyone have any experience with this boat? Is it hard to handle on rough waters? Does it porpoise at low speeds?

Thank you!
    I have a ZXR 21 and if I Keep It about 23 MPH IT doesn't porpoise but it doesn't bother me. If it bothers you the best solution is get Bob's 2 degree wedge and put between the jack plate and Motor then trim down it looks a lot better than sticking a fin on it. You will be surprised what the extra 2 degrees does

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdwo2212 View Post
    Worst case scenario you talk to chris bailey. He can make a foil to cut your plane speeds way down.
    Some people hate foils. They hate them so much they don't want you to have one. Some times foils are the best, quickest, and cheapest way to solve hole shot, handling and porpoising issues.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Some people hate foils. They hate them so much they don't want you to have one. Some times foils are the best, quickest, and cheapest way to solve hole shot, handling and porpoising issues.
    A Bailey foil isn't your grampa's whale tail. It's a serious stainless add on that not only works, but is killer looking as well. The body of water I fish the most has a long no wake zone and a well policed 25mph speed limit. I not only use it for keeping the nose down at very low speed, but getting the boat up and going with 2 12ft Talons and brackets on the back. Using the boat without the Talons, the hole shot is in feet rather than seconds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12